The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My female goat can not cry and when she does it very low and pittiful sounding!! Whats wrong? Dont know if this makes a difference but it looks like she is smiling (her teeth show some ) confussed here....

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She is a little over a year old...thats what i was told. She is small also. She has done had a kid and i was told she is bred again!

·
Super Moderator
58,847 Posts
It may just be her voice.

But what is her temp? What color are her eyelids? What is her body condition? What is her coat like? Do you have a good loose goat mineral out for her 24/7?

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
My female goat can not cry and when she does it very low and pittiful sounding!! Whats wrong?
It's possible that nothing is wrong. I have a doe who sounds like she is at death's door when she starts crying/hollering. I have actually had people come find me to tell me she is dying. It's just how her voice is.

·
Look for me in the barn...
1,074 Posts
I have a wether who has almost no voice - it sounds kind of like a cat meowing, just a little squeaky "meh!." He's been like this since birth so I guess it's just his voice. It's rather funny.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Yeh, I have a Kiko X doeling(7 months old, free-range(eats bush, hay), organically raised, given kelp and salt for minerals. But in the last month, she's started 'squeaking', broken baa, very low sounding. Before she NEVER did this. I thought it might be because she's in heat, but about 2 weeks after she was 'squeaking'(She had stopped for a bit and sounded normal) She started it again.

Thoughts?

LLNkikos

1 - 11 of 11 Posts