The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a sheep that is not gaining weight I have wormed her and she has lost some of her wool and has bare skin in spots so I sprayed her for mites I wormed her again today what can I do to help her ? And can I worm her and give her a b complex shot the same day?

·
Super Moderator
35,681 Posts
Grab afresh fecal..make sure that is good. Does she have loose minerals?

Reactions: toth boer goats

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
I would first run a fecal to be sure your worming for the right type of worms. Be sure she is eating her daily rations (I know in the heat sometimes my animals don't want to eat their grains). Watch out for fly strike. Is she acting her normal self but just losing weight? Nu stock can work wonders for skin issues whether it's mites or other things. (Always test nu stock in a small place if skin as sometimes the animals can be allergic to the sulfa in it, most never are but it is possible). Plus it also helps hair grow back, but the losing weight we need to get figured out too.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
What about keds? I had a sheep who just wasn’t gaining like the others and we found out too late she had keds!
Kind of like lice, not sure if harder to get rid or not. My sister is the one who ended up seeing them later on after the sheep were no longer at my place.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So the vet gave me toltrazril to give her on July 29 then I am to give her another dose Monday when can I give her some bcomplex for a boost or do I need to wait or what do y’all recommend to help her with weight gain and just to give her a boost

·
Super Moderator
35,681 Posts
You can do b complex with toltrazuril..it won't interfere with the treatment. Definitely want to do daily probiotics. To help her regain. Add some fat. Fat like ex. Virgin olive oil..just a drizzle over her feed. Lots of hay, graze and some alfalfa

·
Super Moderator
35,681 Posts
Niether will effect the work of toltrazuril. Wait 3 to 4 hours after any chemical treatment to give probiotics, as chemical treatments can stop the action of probiotics.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts