Hera Kidded!!!! (See last reply)

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Sweet Gum Minis, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Hera's udder has gotten huge today, ligaments have been gone all day and she's getting really restless now. Silent as a mouse, not a sound and she's usually a talker. I think there'll be babies tonight or tomorrow. :D

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Re: Hera's close to kidding soon!!!! No ligaments!!!

Woo Hoo!! Good luck with kidding! i think I will probobly just come home one day and find babies everywhere - LOL!

3. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

I was wondering when you were going to start this thread!!!!!! GOOOO HERA!!

4. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Well she's not doing a whole lot. I imagine she'll wake me around 5 or 6 am kidding. She is having some minor contractions but nothing leading me to believe it'll be real soon. Her udder has gotten so big that she's having a hard time getting comfy. I'll try to get some pics if I remember when I take Grant his bottle.

5. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Yay! :stars: I hope you get lots of :girl: :girl: :girl: Don't forget to drink lots of :coffee2:

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

All Right...more babies on the way!!! :leap: Come on Hera!! Give your momma some :girl: :girl: !! Isn't she Zeus' sister?? I may be mistaken but I thot you had said they were bro/sis.

7. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Yep Hera and Zeus are littermates out of quads. They look almost identical only she has blue-eyes. Her udder is really strutted now. She's not big so I think a single and I guess it is possible twins. Still thinking a single. She's bred to Rue as well and he has been giving me doelings so I can only pray the trend continues! :girl:

I'm going to head to bed. She's in no hurry though is having mild spaced out contractions. Hubby will be in around 2:30 and he will wake me should she be up to something. Otherwise she'll wake me or I'll report in the AM after I get up and get my daughter ready for school.

Night :ZZZ:

8. SouthernSky

SouthernSky New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Orangeburg,SC

Good luck!!! I am hoping for healthy :girl: :girl: twins for you!!!

9. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA

GO HERA! GO ASHLEY! Baby girls please!

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

well I will be watching this thread with anticipation

11. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

She kidded!!! She woke me on the monitor screaming. It was just after midnight so I hadn't been asleep but an hour. She gave us a beautiful single doeling. She's mostly white with black legs and some chamoise spots.

Hey Stacey! I'm starting to feel like you did last year seeing so much chamoise. ;) Hehe!

I'll get pictures tomorrow. I'm exhausted and have to get up early to take Hannah to school and Matthew to therapy. Hubby will be home in a few minutes.

12. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Wow, that was fast! Did you get there in time to see the birth? I think I can get dressed with my eyes closed in about 3 minutes! Congrats, can't wait to see her

13. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I'm running on 3 hours sleep. Yes she was a big kid so when I got down there (which wasn't really rushed) she had a hoof and a nose sticking out. I pulled the leg out to straiten the shoulder and felt for another foot, no foot. She had to work a little but she got her out. She's a really good sized single though, I wish those first timers would have at least twins.

14. marie_martin

marie_martin Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Grenada, Mississippi
    Congratulations Ashley. I am so happy for you. And she presented the exact same way Pookey's first girl did. Too funny. Can't wait for pictures. I told you I was sending girl vibes your way.

Marie

15. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Zeus is great with all those girls - but that chamoisee!! lol

at least yours is broken up a bit, I was so happy last year to see Kari when she was born, something different then chamois!

Congratulations to Hera and you, thats great. :leap:

16. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Thanks everyone!!!

Actually Zeus only sired 3 sets of kids slightly buckish. Rue is the one giving me so many does. 10 does to 4 bucks! Here's piccies!!!!

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2380

17. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Good job Hera and Ashley! Can't wait for pics of the little girl!!! :stars: Ginger was stretching alot last night, like a few times every minute. So maybe babies in a few days!

18. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I posted some pics in the photos section.

What day is Ginger on?

19. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    She is on 140, she looks normal today, only one stretch that I saw. I hope she holds off for awhile but I WANT BABIES!!!!!

20. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I bet the wait is absolutely killing you! Won't be long now though!