The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hera's udder has gotten huge today, ligaments have been gone all day and she's getting really restless now. Silent as a mouse, not a sound and she's usually a talker. I think there'll be babies tonight or tomorrow. :D

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Hera's close to kidding soon!!!! No ligaments!!!

Well she's not doing a whole lot. I imagine she'll wake me around 5 or 6 am kidding. She is having some minor contractions but nothing leading me to believe it'll be real soon. Her udder has gotten so big that she's having a hard time getting comfy. I'll try to get some pics if I remember when I take Grant his bottle.

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts

All Right...more babies on the way!!! :leap: Come on Hera!! Give your momma some :girl: :girl: !! Isn't she Zeus' sister?? I may be mistaken but I thot you had said they were bro/sis.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Yep Hera and Zeus are littermates out of quads. They look almost identical only she has blue-eyes. Her udder is really strutted now. She's not big so I think a single and I guess it is possible twins. Still thinking a single. She's bred to Rue as well and he has been giving me doelings so I can only pray the trend continues! :girl:

I'm going to head to bed. She's in no hurry though is having mild spaced out contractions. Hubby will be in around 2:30 and he will wake me should she be up to something. Otherwise she'll wake me or I'll report in the AM after I get up and get my daughter ready for school.

Night :ZZZ:

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

She kidded!!! She woke me on the monitor screaming. It was just after midnight so I hadn't been asleep but an hour. She gave us a beautiful single doeling. She's mostly white with black legs and some chamoise spots.

Hey Stacey! I'm starting to feel like you did last year seeing so much chamoise. ;) Hehe!

I'll get pictures tomorrow. I'm exhausted and have to get up early to take Hannah to school and Matthew to therapy. Hubby will be home in a few minutes.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm running on 3 hours sleep. Yes she was a big kid so when I got down there (which wasn't really rushed) she had a hoof and a nose sticking out. I pulled the leg out to straiten the shoulder and felt for another foot, no foot. She had to work a little but she got her out. She's a really good sized single though, I wish those first timers would have at least twins.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
Zeus is great with all those girls - but that chamoisee!! lol

at least yours is broken up a bit, I was so happy last year to see Kari when she was born, something different then chamois!

Congratulations to Hera and you, thats great. :leap:

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone!!!

Actually Zeus only sired 3 sets of kids slightly buckish. Rue is the one giving me so many does. 10 does to 4 bucks! Here's piccies!!!!

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2380

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Good job Hera and Ashley! Can't wait for pics of the little girl!!! :stars: Ginger was stretching alot last night, like a few times every minute. So maybe babies in a few days!

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I posted some pics in the photos section.

What day is Ginger on?

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I bet the wait is absolutely killing you! Won't be long now though!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts