The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who have been using herbal dewormers...which one do you think works best for your goats? Do you give herbal dewormers along with chemical (Ivermectin and "white" dewormers, like cydectin) or just rely on the herbals to do the trick.

·
Registered
261 Posts
We did not find Molly's to work for us.
However, Land of Havilah has been confirmed effective via fecals run so I will stick with it.
I did once use Ivermectin for mites. Based on anemia seen and continued mite problems, it really isn't so helpful in my area. Trying Eprinex now.
Trouble is, mites, mineral deficiency, and internal parasites are in this unhealthy love triangle lol.

·
Super Moderator
31,793 Posts
I have only used LOH. I have been very happy with it.

Reactions: Nigerian dwarf goat

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I also just started using LOH about a month ago. We had a BP worm outbreak here and lost 2 goats. After that, I have been giving the stuff religiously, and some of my does FAMACHAS that are usually 2s, turned into 1s!! I don't know if that is from the chemicals dewormers I have been giving, or if it's from the herbals, but I definitely will be ordering another bag of it!! happybleats and NigerianDwarfOwner707 also say using essential oil have helped them, but I haven't had the chance to try those out yet :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
I also just started using LOH about a month ago. We had a BP worm outbreak here and lost 2 goats. After that, I have been giving the stuff religiously, and some of my does FAMACHAS that are usually 2s, turned into 1s!! I don't know if that is from the chemicals dewormers I have been giving, or if it's from the herbals, but I definitely will be ordering another bag of it!! happybleats and NigerianDwarfOwner707 also say using essential oil have helped them, but I haven't had the chance to try those out yet :)
How often do you give it to them? If you don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I have been giving 2-3 times per week, and 2x daily for 2 days after rain. I make sure to flush them out lol! I just put a splash of water in their grain with their herbal dosage, and they gobble it right up! I was doing oil, but it was attracting ants, so I switched to water haha

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have been giving 2-3 times per week, and 2x daily for 2 days after rain. I make sure to flush them out lol! I just put a splash of water in their grain with their herbal dosage, and they gobble it right up! I was doing oil, but it was attracting ants, so I switched to water haha
Oh, okay thanks! I have been giving it weekly but I think I am going to give it more frequently because their FAMACHA scores are a 2-3.

·
Super Moderator
31,793 Posts
I prefer this chart.
Facial expression Product Human Purple Organism

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.