The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
4,641 Posts
Yes, lots of people here use them. I use Land of Havilah's parasite formula. I have recently started adding essential oils to my deworming routine because they supercharge the herbs and make them work even better. I live in a super wet climate so I felt like the herbs alone weren't doing a good enough job. I love using herbs and EOs. It's great to know that I'm not creating parasite resistance, and I don't have to give my goats any harsh chemicals. Plus the herbs and EOs smell wonderful, that's a happy bonus. :)

·
Registered
841 Posts
We started using Land of Havilah’s parasite formula last summer. When our vet came for our herd check in December he said everyone looked great FAMACHA wise. This year we’re using it for cocci prevention in our kids instead of corid or Albon. We’re dosing it 3x week for the kids, just putting a pinch in their mouth each time. So far so good, with all the kids having nice poop pebbles and very active. The oldest are 5.5 weeks, so prime time for cocci. The key with the herbal wormer is consistently dosing. We dose every weekend for the adults.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts