The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started my goats on Molly's Herbal Wormer today and ordered copper boluses from Jeffers! I'm sooooo hoping this gets my worm issues on the right track......I drenched the wormer and my girls didn't seem to mind it too much.

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
awesome! let me know if you notice a diff with the copper bolus....i'm only using copper sulphate b/c that's all there is available down here.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will! I'm just wondering how soon I should see a difference?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Super Moderator
59,808 Posts
I don't use Molly's herbs because when I did try them, they didn't work for me. But I do give Copasure on a regular basis. I have the cattle boluses that you have to break down the amount for the goats. I like that because I'm trying to do lower doses more frequently and see how that works on the goats.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I do Copasure and Mollys herbals. I am on my 6th week with Mollys herbals and I did the copasure about the same time as I started the MOllys. I also gave me lactating doe who really was deficient a copper shot. I forget what it was called. I got it from my vet. It was blue. My doe looks much better now but I think it was because of the shot not necessarily the bolus. Im gonna check my water to see if it is high in iron because someone on a thread here said that can bind to the copper. A few other things bind to the copper too. SO much to learn here.
I wanted to say that I gave my doe the copper bolus and the copper shot as well as mollys all in the same week, she had been the only goat suffering with sore mouth and it cleared up literally in 2 days after the copper supplements. I also gave her b 12 and just upped her immune system. I really feel that sore mouth can occur in a immuno-defcient goat. I never had it in my other goats until just recently it occurred in a 4 month wether that had a cut-easy for the sore mouth to enter. But it has since resolved. I just bolused that wetherling this am.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That sounds exactly what I'm doing......I'm sooo hoping to see a big difference. I know my area is also high in zinc which is a copper antagonist as well so I'm really hoping the copper is gonna make a difference.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do Copasure and Mollys herbals. I am on my 6th week with Mollys herbals and I did the copasure about the same time as I started the MOllys. I also gave me lactating doe who really was deficient a copper shot. I forget what it was called. I got it from my vet. It was blue. My doe looks much better now but I think it was because of the shot not necessarily the bolus. Im gonna check my water to see if it is high in iron because someone on a thread here said that can bind to the copper. A few other things bind to the copper too. SO much to learn here.
I wanted to say that I gave my doe the copper bolus and the copper shot as well as mollys all in the same week, she had been the only goat suffering with sore mouth and it cleared up literally in 2 days after the copper supplements. I also gave her b 12 and just upped her immune system. I really feel that sore mouth can occur in a immuno-defcient goat. I never had it in my other goats until just recently it occurred in a 4 month wether that had a cut-easy for the sore mouth to enter. But it has since resolved. I just bolused that wetherling this am.
If you could find out the name of that shot I would love to know what it was! I may look into that as well

·
1,524 Posts
I use the Coppasure but do not use herbal. I almost lost several goats when I tried the herbal, the worms went crazy. It didn't even begin to slow them down. For me, herbal wormers are a waste of money.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
If you could find out the name of that shot I would love to know what it was! I may look into that as well
It was called Multi Min.
It was crazy blue colored.

I think that in certain areas the herbals work better. Doing fecals tomorrow so Ill let you know the worm load.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was called Multi Min.
It was crazy blue colored.

I think that in certain areas the herbals work better. Doing fecals tomorrow so Ill let you know the worm load.
Sounds great!

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I just started my goats on Molly's Herbal Wormer today and ordered copper boluses from Jeffers! I'm sooooo hoping this gets my worm issues on the right track......I drenched the wormer and my girls didn't seem to mind it too much.
So I got back the fecals on my goats.
Very little Cocci
An egg or two of whipworm.
Sooooo Im continuing the Mollys.
Really pleased.

Also my dog vet did my fecals and for all 5 of them I was charged $63. I thought this was a pretty good deal. Especially for my peace of mind.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I got back the fecals on my goats.
Very little Cocci
An egg or two of whipworm.
Sooooo Im continuing the Mollys.
Really pleased.

Also my dog vet did my fecals and for all 5 of them I was charged $63. I thought this was a pretty good deal. Especially for my peace of mind.
That is good!!! I'm hoping it works for me too!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts