herbal wormers

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by GregH, Nov 8, 2007.

1. GregH

GregH New Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Glade Hill, VA
    Hi Everyone,
    I have just recently found this website and really like reading the posts! We have had goats for about 3 weeks now. Has anybody used the herbal wormer from Fias Co Farm? I have just started using it and was hoping someone else would have some experience with it.

Thanks,
    Greg

2. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    Um I think some other people on here use it. Maybe MCF does.

3. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Texas
    Hi and welcome.

I am sure there are folks on here that have used it. I have used the herbal wormer from Hoeggers with good results (they are pretty much the same as Molly's).

I am going to try Molly's wormer as I have talked with her via email regarding it.

Just remember some people have good results with herbal wormers and others don't. I prefer herbals myself.

4. myfavgoats

myfavgoats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Well I use herbal wormer. I really like my stuff better.. And I do sell them also.. And um. My herbal wormer is more like combination but it been added something else too. It dont contains blackwalnut and my herbal wormer have two different kinds of wormer that is for one pregnant and one for goats..

5. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    We use Molly's herbal wormer. The only bad thing with it is my goats hate it, I am working on getting them used to it. If/when they get to like it it will be SOOOO easy!

6. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    When I got my goats I used the wormer from Fiasco Farm... well they REFUSED to eat it. I had to add molases, a little water, and stir it in their grain, and even then they would only eat a little then just pick at it. So I stopped- figured it was more trouble than it's worth. But some goats must like it and I like the concept of natural wormers.

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    just watch natural/herbal wormers with young kids (under 6 months).

Nothing was confirmed but some people have had some kids die and it was a linking factor.

8. GregH

GregH New Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Glade Hill, VA
    Thanks for the responses. Most of my goats eat it fine mixed with their grain. For the other one I put it inside a piece of bread and she eats it fine that way.

9. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Actually, I've had trouble with the goats eating the black walnut/wormwood wormers. They don't taste to good.
    Crystal Creek Naturals sells an herbal wormer, it's expensive but it does work and the goats LOVE it. Its called Para-Tak. Google Crystal Creek Naturals and their site should come up.
    We also worm with a black walnut tincture but you really have to be experienced and know how to use it. Black walnut is a tricky thing, anything made from the hulls or the bark mostly. I almost killed one of my does with the tincture. You really have to know how to use it and I have learned since then.