Herbs-black walnut

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by sixshooterfarm, Dec 13, 2007.

1. sixshooterfarm

sixshooterfarm New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Hey does anyone know of a list of herbs that are afe for goats? Fiasco farms used to have a HUGE list of herbs and plants now I cannot find it for the life of me! I am mainly trying to figure out what the big deal is with black walnut. I know that if used in excess cause cause diarreah and stomach problems, but other than that is there any other problem? If anyone knows of a list I would greatly appreciate it!!!

2. sixshooterfarm

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    no, they used to have a list on the actual fiasco farms, not mollys herbals, and it was huge, I printed it out one time before. It was like 3-4 pages long....this is gonna frustrate me lol!

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Did you try searching for it? I know what you are talking about but I coulnd't find it :(

Black walnut, the hull and bark ground up are used as a wormer, the leaves are also used as a wormer but the leaves dry your does off super fast. Black walnut in incorrect amounts fed regularly as a wormer is hard on the liver and other intestines, the leaves are usually always safe its incorrect amounts of the hull and bark ground up that can be bad. The hulls and the bark are the most 'potent' part of the tree.

4. sixshooterfarm

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Goathappy. I have ground up powder. How much would you consider potent yet safe? I have a dose that I use but I want to see what you all have to say. ok thanks

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I'm going to have to look that up and get back to you, most powdered forms of black walnut are the hulls and/or bark ground up. With minis, I'd say 1/4-1/2 a teaspoon as often as you are supposed to give an herbal wormer(I forget how often)

I can't believe Molly doesn't have that list on her site anymore :( Oh well.