Herd Name Ideas?

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Sonrise Farm, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Sonrise Farm

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pine Creek

100.0%
  1. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Hey--- I know 'Sonrise Farm' should be an instictive herd name but besides Nigerian Dwarfs I am hoping to get some Silkie Banty chickens, and Angora rabbits in the future. I just wanted to raise a poll and see which herdname you folks liked best . . .

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    The first thing that I would do is contact the AGS and/or ADGA and see if that herd name is already spoken for - then I would start looking into names. I would hate for you to be set on a name to find out that it is already taken for the respective registration that you want.

3. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    okay, I emailed ADGA--- or wasn't that what you meant? lol

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    yes that is exactly what I ment :thumb:

Yah, you don't want to get set on a name or calling your ranch one thing to find out it is not available!!!

5. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Yeah, I see what you mean. I thought of that before I named my farm Sonrise, but then I decided, whatever--- herd names can be different because I truly felt a peace in my soul when I thought of Sonrise Farm for my farm name because it just seemed like home . . .

6. Candy

Candy New Member

Maybe you'll be OK with 'Sonrise'--I like the spelling and the meaning--the Son did rise! :sun:
    Candy

7. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I looked in the ADGA directory and Pine Creek is already taken. Then in the AGS directory there is no Pine Creek, but it may be taken. I would try and find a name that is avail. in both registries. Then in ADGA Sonrise Farms is taken so I don't think they'll let you do Sonrise Farm, but they may. Anywho, maybe you could do Sonrise Mini's or Sonrise Nigerians???

8. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Well, I have an entire list of herd names here . . .

runners up would be:

Pine Ridge
    Crooked Creek
    Wind Creek (hehe, as you notice, we have 2 creeks running thru our property)
    Silverleaf

I think my fav's of those four would be Silverleaf and Crooked Creek.

ps. where'd you look it up? i tried to find it but couldn't get nothing.

9. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
  10. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Sonrise, I have the AGS 2008 Roster and the ADGA 2008 Roster, they have all the registered herd names in it that are valid.

In both AGS and ADGA Twin Creeks isn't taken, although there is the TX Twin Creeks of course.
    Looks like Pine Ridge is available in both ADGA and AGS.
    Crooked-Creek's is taken in ADGA, no Crooked Creek in ADGA or AGS though.
    Looks like Wind Creek is available is available in both.
    And looks like Silverleaf is avail. in both.

I really like Silverleaf...very cool!

11. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Since the guy who bred my does is allowing me to register the kids in my name, I think I will go with Silverleaf. Thanks, guys :)