Herd Name

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by StaceyRosado, Dec 5, 2007.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Well I got the response back - End of The Line is still available.

Boy I feel like I am making a huge decision here.

My herd name is 15 character's long. That leaves me 15 for names right? I am not big on long names so I can't see that as being an issue.
  2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Yep, 15 characters(including spaces) for names. If you don't plan on having long fancy names then I'd say you'll be fine with your herd name :)

3. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    stacy mine is 13 letters & i have never had a problum with names for mine. i think it will work good.
  4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    well I will be putting in my application for membership to AGS and then after that all the other stuff follows. Much cheeper that way
  5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Glad to hear that! If I had more time and could easily get off work I had thought of trying to show. Of course there really are none in my area...most that I hear of are closer to you! Besides that, neither of my ND's are "show quality" Chief toes out but has a nice escutchion and Binky is a bit high in the rear. I am on the look out for a close by doeling with decent conformation to improve my little herd.
  6. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I like the L-o-n-g names heehee. So my herd name is 11 letters. Which gives me plenty of room to "play" :p
  7. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Stacey you have 15 & I, 14. I just cram names together without spaces and capital letters in between if I need to. Most arent called by their registered names.
    Did you say what your farm name is? I had Laughing Stock Farm....found out it was really going to limit spaces (duh cause I didnt know) ABGA graciously dropped the "Farm" when I asked them to before I had to register kids for the first time.
    I like to use something from the buck & the doe...ie Miss Balango..."Miss" is part of the does lineage and the Balango part was a play on th sire, Durango and the dam Snowball.
    Then Last yr names were Miss & Mys..depending on if they were Miss Behavin or Mystify does with the sires first initial & thier own name after.
  8. ozarksvalley

ozarksvalley New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    I think you'll be fine. :) It's better than what mine used to be- Ozarks Walnut Valley. That's 20! Now it's just Ozarks Valley. :) I paid the $5 and shortened it.