Herd sell out

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by sparks879, Jun 8, 2008.

1. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Hi Everyone, with the price of gas the price of feed and the fact that the transmission on my car is going out i have reluctantly decided to sell the whole herd. I will probably get goats again someday but right now i just cant afford it.
    If your interested in anyone on the website email me privatly and we can work things out. Im pricing everyone pretty low for a quick sale.
  2. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Oh Beth! I hate to see you get out of goats, but it is probably a wise choice, and a difficult one I'm sure.

I would soooo buy a doe or two from you if you were closer.

I hope you can sell them quickly :hug:

3. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    This is so sad. I can understand that if you are into showing and it becomes too expensive to travel, that it doesn't make sense to keep your girls. And I know you've had a rough patch with that accident with your girl Little Bit. But it is still sad to have lost a good goat person. :sigh:
  4. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    That is sad :tears: I sent you and email

5. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

thanks guys. I really dont want to do this and i will someday get back into it. Im keeping all of my equipment and all. Its just getting so pricey, i have a hospital bill i have got to pay off and im looking at a little honda car thats better on gas mileage. Suellen i didnt get your message.

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    I understand pricey! You better stick around girlie we need all your helpful show advise --- ok I NEED you helpful show advise :oops:
  7. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Oh i wont leave the forum at all. i will still be around. And im still going to stay a judge on the other one too. I just cant afford all this grain right now, and with the price of hay and gas the way it is...
    Ihave some people interested in my older does but they cant go anywhere until i sell the kids i need the milk!
    if youre interested in kids let me know!
  8. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Sorry to hear that you gonna sell your herd, I know of 2 other goat farms around here that are selling out and one of them is a licensed goat dairy, sad very sad
  9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I totally understand where you are coming from. We have not gotten any rain to speak of here and it is dry as a bone. I am pretty luck I have a lead on hay that will be $4.00 a bale, but that still doesn't make is easy because we are going to have to feed them through the summer when we have never done that before. I have already some 11 of my goats and at the show this weekend, I will have three for sale and if anyone gives me a offer I can not refuse on any other goat, they will be leaving also.
    I heard on the news this weekend that they are expecting gas to be over $6.00 a gallon by election time. :? :worried:
  10. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    Hi Beth, I sent another email. I am using the email address that is on your website that starts with the word Silver.

11. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I will send some rain your way, or at least try! it has been like the middle of january around here the last couple of weeks. My barn is flooded again the goats are in mud up past their dewcalws. Im getting really tired of it. My mom keeps asking why im doing so much laundry, its because i get all muddy everytime i do chores.
    We had a really big thunder and lightning storm a couple of nights ago, i drove about an hour north of me to take a friend home so she didnt have to stand in the bus stop in the rain. My windshield wipers were working overtime, it was horrible.
  12. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I'm so sorry you have to sell out Beth, at least we still get to see you :)

I think thunderstorms are cool, then again, I live in IL where there's a big one every week :)
  13. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

oh it was definatly cool. i love thunder storms its just the rain i dont like. I lived in oregon for awhile and we had dry thunderstorms.
  14. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

would anyone be willing to lease the herd? to maybe get them going? i can keep paying for the yearly CAE test s and everything. we could work some sort of deal out. None of the interest seems very promising.
  15. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    sorry to hear your selling out but at least you will still be on the forum.If you were closer I would be interested in one.
  16. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Beth I am so sorry that you are selling out! Sorry I can't help you out at all. :( Too far away, no permission from my parents, the room, or money as we just bought our new Nubians this year.

I am so glad to hear that your staying around though!!!! :D