The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Goat Feeder
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

This super nice doe was the high selling doe at the Sale of Stars. She was out of TEEL's show string. Very nice to see in person and she continues to light the shows on fire.

·
Registered
30,154 Posts
very pretty doe...

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Wow that is a lot! Beautiful doe!

Not to sound rude or anything...I truly am just curious. But how can a doe that expensive pay for herself? Or is that not expected? I just can't picture purchasing a doe for that much and ever getting your money back or having that doe make such an impact in a herd that would be $9,000 worth. She looks like a beautiful doe and i'm sure her new owners are quite pleased with their purchase. Congrats to them!

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
2k to 10k is a pretty big price difference. I've never heard of boer kids selling for as much as 10k, but i'm not in the boer loop so maybe that's not unheard of? Why would someone pay that much though?

·
Goat Feeder
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Because they're awesome! ;)
+1 Tim:D

That pairing was super ovulated and they got a lot of embyros. Two of her twin sisters are NATIONAL GRAND CHAMPION BEST PAIR OF PERCENATGE DOES. She could be flushed and get a lot of viable embyros. I heard of a flush that produced 23 embyros. My new buck was an embryo transfer, he has 5 brothers and numerous sisters.

·
Goat Feeder
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How is she bred? Does she have popular whether maker breeding?
ABGA #10563460 She is out of a buck of 4-Ms that is AK47. I don't think the dame is one of Joe's 900 influenced does, but it could be because they use a lot of them, but 4M doesn't. I'll ask next time. I got one of Teel's does also. She is out of those 900 influence does that they have done so good with..

·
Banned
988 Posts
Its the ability to get flushes fromt this doe. She will have several babies on the ground each year an she wont even have to leave the show ring. Put her eggs with a very nice buck an several of those babies could be 9000 dollar babies.

I watched a buck in Texas sell last year. They were gonna wether him but then decided not to but not before they disbudded him. So you couldnt show him as a buck an you would have had to cut him to show as a wether an he was already 8 months old. He brought 17 thousand!! I boout fell outta my recliner!!

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I second what Tenacross about her being awesome!

These Goats pay for themselves in flushes and reputation. Its human nature to want the best so if your winning people will pay more for all your goats. Regardless if whether that particular goat can win or not. People pay more for reputation than anything.... can't wait for the day I own a beautiful girl like her.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
2 wethers sold in Texas the other day for $10k.....................EACH!!!
Its crazy how high they go for! Who sold those two? I remember seeing it but I forgot who it was. I'm just glad I'm not trying to show wethers in Texas... I just think I'm broke in NC. I'd be homeless in Texas lol

·
Goat Feeder
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This doe wins every weekend. Her sisters win every weekend. She will most likely win big at Nationals, just like last time. She will be ennobled before she is 2 years old. If I was on the road showing every weekend, I would want this doe in my string. She won in East Texas the weekend after she sold. She has many years in front her.

These does just don't hit the sale ring very often. When they do, people who travel to every show snatch them up for their string. When you have a $125k plus in goat hauler rig and pay the fuel bill, that $9k for wins is just another write off.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts