Here is my does that are ready to pop

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by sweetgoats, Feb 1, 2011.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Monica, she is due 2-4-11[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Penny Lane Due 2/5/11
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Can you tell they are mother/Daughter? They usually lay with the same leg out.

Isabel Due 2/5/11[​IMG] [​IMG]

Hope Due 2/7/11 [​IMG] [​IMG]

AnnaBelle 2/6/11
    [​IMG]

Brittney/Sobe not sure of the due date. They were with the buck for two months. They are filling out well.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

WOW!!!

YOUR GOATS ARE FATTTTTTTT

LOL

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Very big girls...what is there 20 kids in there.... :laugh: :thumb: :p

4. Bellafire Farm

Bellafire Farm New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    Wow, the mom/daughter pair look SO much alike! Even the horns and coloring and everything! And they are both SUPER round! :thumb:

So I am not very knowledgeable about these breeds... but I thought they were about Nigerian size? Is that right? And do they kid like Nigerians where they could easily have 4 or 5 babies at a kidding?

Another thing...there coats, especially on the mom/daughter are just beautiful! :love:

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Thanks, the mom and daughter win dam and daughter all the time, they even have the same style and thing for their Cashmere.

No they are a LOT bigger then a Nigi. They are about 175 -230 pounds full grown. I have had two sets of triplets and but LOTS and LOT of twins but the mom Penny Lane, she tends to have 9 to 9-1/2 pound twins. They are larger.

That "coat" is Cashmere. That is what the Cashmere sweaters and thing come form. Most people do not know that.

The funny thing about those pictures, they are a LOT bigger then they look in the pictures. Penny is about 3-1/2 FEET wide. We measured her the other day.

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Your girls are so pretty! I love how soft and huggable they look :love:

And...hmmmmm, I'm betting you get ALOT of kids in the next few days!

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I think Lori is going to be busy :p

Penny Lane looks great - I've always loved her

8. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

I love your goats I can't wait to see the kids.

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Thanks Stacey. I just pray they will hold off a bit longer, it is still really cold -44 last night with the wind, but they are in the barn. Penny Lane's ligs are almost gone, I pray she holds off another day or so.

Thanks me too.

I have to say you know it is cold when you go to the barn and there are ice crystals on the walls, and all the spider webs are white. I was watching the camera today and right in the middle of the camera is a spider web all crystaled over.

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Well Hubby is home because school is canceled again because of the weather, he just said that Penny lane and Monica are looking like they will go today. He is watching Penny Lane close. he is guessing triplets or quods, but I still say only two BIG babies. :clap:

11. Bellafire Farm

Bellafire Farm New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    Oh my goodness!! I had NO idea they were that large! For some reason I thought they were more of a miniature size. I've only seen two from a friends farm and now that I think about it, well maybe they weren't fullgrown. I never asked...
    Love the mom & daughter though.. definitely my fav's! :wink:

12. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    They certainly do look ready to go. Sorry you are going to have to be out in that weather. I think it's unbearable here, but it's nothing like that. It's nice they have those great warm coats. Do you use the cashmere? I thought it was the undercoat. They look wonderful. Can't wait to see what they have,

Jan