Here is Pride-fully recovered!!!

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by heathersboers, Oct 19, 2008.

1. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    here is Pride- the buck that had the scours for the last few weeks!! he has finally cleared up and been doing good for the last week-we still need to get his weight up a bit, but are still going to try to show him at the State Fair on wednesday-Just wanted to update everyone!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    He definately shows the excellent job and effort you have put into him to get him well....nice looking boy and I'm sure he'll pack on the pounds in no time. Great job :hug:

3. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Congratulations! He's gorgeous!!! He looks really good too for a fellow who's been struggling.

4. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Woohoo!! Great news!! Good job! What a relief! :clap:

5. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    A relief is right- i thought for a while there that I was going to lose him!!! he was so droopy and not eating- I wormed him again today with Valbazen- His gums were still a bit pale looking. The only thing I can't stand about him is when I go to walk him-any pressure under his neck sends him to his knees shaking-I heard there is a nerve under there that makes some of them do that- It makes me feel bad when he goes down, he acts like he is dying--- :shrug:

6. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Wow! He looks great! him going down to his knees like that is sad but I have never seen that happen.

7. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    We also have a grown buck that does that- all of our other goats don't do it- It boggles me too- It seems that when he wants to go somewhere-he's fine- just hit that one spot and down he goes :shrug: :shrug: :angry:

8. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    I have heard of that nerve thing in the neck too that puts them to their knees..apparently you have to keep the collar way up high.

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    He is looking nice and healthy now...............I am so glad he is back to normal......... :) :thumbup:

10. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

ive had goats collapse from a pinched nerve if you are pulling the collar.. but the pressure was on the back of the neck. could be another one.. i had a market wether who would go down on his knees if he didn't want to walk

11. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Glad to hear he's back to normal! What a handsome guy! He's looking really good!

12. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    He is looking great! So glad to hear he has recovered!!! :stars:

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    What a handsome man! Congrats on him! You should do well at the fair.

14. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    Thanks y'all- were taking them all tomorrow- I hope he does good too!! Ill keep you posted!

15. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    UPDATE- we crashed and burned at the show- I didn't even get to show Pride-by the time I got him to the ring-his class was over!!! I bet I wasn't gone 5 minutes to get him from the barn across from the ring!! Grange got 2nd-2 of our % doelings got 6 &7th, Camilla got 4th, 313 got 4th- one of our grown % does got 6th because of her ears didn't hang down enough-she was the nicest built though. :hair: - I guess w'ell try harder next time!!

16. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    That judge is really quick at sorting classes. And he was real tough on things like pigment and ears. I think its a bit silly to be so hard on percentages on their ears though. I watched him place a Lamancha/Boer cross last because of her ears.

Who ended up winning the show? I didn't get to make it out to watch the Open show today since I already missed two days of class for shows. I watched the JABGA show yesterday though and the McLeod's dominated the percentage classes. One of my friends got Reserve fullblood.

17. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    ears are a big part of breed character, but i don't see why he would use that before conformation

18. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Sorry Pride didn't "make" it in time...but at least you got some placings with your others..Congrats and a big :hug:

19. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    Yes ears are part of breed standard but certain allowances should be made in percentages. Otherwise if they expect percentage Boers to look just like a fullblood they are encouraging people to register fullbloods as percentages to get the edge in the ring.

But I digress, that judge is very consistant in his rulings.

20. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    he was very strict-- and B Mack dominated-he won with Enterprise-randall was next in line and then everyone else sorta fit into there. I believe we were one of only a few breeders that brought TRUE percentage does- I bet half of the breeders just throw the papers away and show fullbloods as percentages, which I don't believe is fair-usually I can tell the difference between a % and FB, but not at this show- their "percentages" looked more fullblood than my Fullblood goats!!! It is unfair for the honest breeder---