Here we go again.......

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by goathappy, Apr 3, 2008.

1. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    That's right kidding has started again. Both Gertie and Tillie were in labor at the same time this morning.

Gertie kidded first of course(show off) with a single doeling, doeling was a bit big so we had to pull her. Gertie isn't being a very good mom, she hates her kid so I have to go out every two hours to feed her doeling. She has a beautiful udder, really wide and high with nice sized teats. Her doeling will be kept, she's a pretty black with dark tan trim, one of my favorite colors!!

And Tillie kidded with triplet boys(mom wanted a girl out of her) Tillie was pushing for a long time but nothing was coming, Gertie ended up passing a bubble before Tillie so we had to attend to Gertie first. After Gertie was done, mom and I went in the house and washed our hands, and went back out. Mom went in Tillie first. She tells me the kid is upside down and the nose is in the air. Ok, so I call the vet and she tells me what to do. I go in myself, wasn't a nose it was a butt, the kid was breach. So I got a leg out and the kid came out. Tillie was really tired but the other two kids slipped right out. She's being a great mom and has a ton of milk. She had a solid white kid, a sundgau kid, and a kid that is black with tan trim, white ears and a white star on his head, kind of funny looking :)

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    congrats on the babies!!!

3. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    How many are due ti kid this "phase"?? You will be BUSY!!

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    They sound like they are healthy and pretty...piccies plz... :lol:

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    congratulations on the new addtions, pictures would be wonderful

6. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Oh dear, I haven't even shown pictures from last time :oops: Sorry about that guys. Hopefully this weekend :)

I have three more does due in this phase, David has I think 5, then the only does left are two in May and one in June.

7. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Congratulations- so many babies.

8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    LOL I haven't even counted how many total babies we have, I don't think I want to know :lol:

Well Tillie didn't want her white kid(we suspect she's a bit racist, lol jk) so he's in the house. He'll be spoiled of course :D

9. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Congrats on all the kids Sarah!!

10. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Gabby kidded yesterday with a buck and a doe, they are HUGE!! She had an easy kidding :) She rejected her kids though, so I have two more bottle babies.

And I have some EXTREMELY UDDERLY exciting news, I'll post it in another thread later though :wink:

11. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Martha kidded this morning with triplets, two boys and a girl. She did it all by herself, nursed and everything when I got out there, I'm so proud of her, she usually has trouble.

12. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW, Sounds like you are very busy.

Congratulations on them all. :clap: :leap:

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    goodness gracious just popping them out everywhere.

Congratulations! :leap:

14. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    Congrats. Pictures! I'm looking forward to seeing the star on the forhead. Suellen

15. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Ok, been so busy!!!

Wednesday Pokey kidded with triplet girls!!!! David has wanted girls from her forever.

Thursday Joni kidded with a single doe, she is HUGE!! She was stuck, that is one thing I hate about obers is big heads.

And Heather kidded yesterday with two boys and a girl, another brown girl to be exact :D

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    triplet girls........thats amazing!

I never noticed large heads on my oberhaslis :shrug:

17. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    My obers have really wide foreheads, between the eyes. When I delivered Mia(Muriel's doe) she came out back feet first, and before I could get her head out I had to pull her front feet out one at a time and then I still had to pull pretty hard.

Demi, one of my brother's fullbloods, kidded this morning with twin bucks. She had them sometime last night/early this morning. The one was dead when they got out there, the other one was all dried off. He's kind of weak right now, so we are making sure he nurses.

Dotti still hasn't kidded yet, poor girl is huge :p

18. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    How'd I miss this thread? Well, you've been busy! Sounds exciting though! Congrats!

19. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    WOW!! You have been VERY busy!! Congrats on all those kids!

20. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Wow! You have a lot of babies! Congrats! :stars: