Here we go! Update, Final tally!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by CrossCreekTX, Feb 18, 2010.

1. CrossCreekTX

CrossCreekTX New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Central East Texas
    Penny, first freshener, Nubian, bred to French Alpine buck. Dropped yesterday and started bagging up. This morning was humped up some with mucous. Obviously in labor but hasn't done anything so far today. Not pushing or anything and not being too loud yet. Dare I try to go to bed tonight? LOL I have an order of chicks and ducklings coming in the morning so I'll have to make a post office run.

Lisle's due 28th Feb and Glennis mid march. Glennis isn't showing, but I felt kids kicking. She is long and deep and hid the twins very well last year.

2. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Re: Here we go!

Wow, certainly is exciting around TGS with impending births and births-babies everywhere! Good luck with staying awake or making it back in time in the morning.

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

I hope you don't miss it! And I will be looking forward to the birth announcement!

4. Re: Here we go!

Ditto congrats and I will be looking for the pics.

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

ditto....sounds like babies soon....... :greengrin: :love:

6. CrossCreekTX

CrossCreekTX New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Central East Texas

May be tonight. Prob about 2 am, I expect. Checked a bit ago and she is pushing, but can't see anything yet. Heading back out with a chair, blanket (for me), flashlight and birthing stuff.

7. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California

do we have babies???

8. CrossCreekTX

CrossCreekTX New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Central East Texas

I guess I'm through crying about it. She had twin doelings, a week early and stillborn. Little rocky course for Penny, but she is ok and has been a doll about milking.

Lisle kidded Monday afternoon, first a huge buckling then a cute little doeling. All three doing great. I'm bottle feeding the kids. The doeling is named Lovey. The buckling will go to a friend's farm as soon as I have another doeling to keep her company. Lisle (FF) is great on the milkstand. Looks like she will be a heavy milker.

I'll try to get pix. Have to find the camera and some fresh batteries.

9. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio

Oh, I'm so sorry about Penny's little girls. :hug:

Congratulations on Lisle's babies.

10. jberter

jberter New Member

Awww, so sorry to hear about Pennys babys, and doeling to. I do hope she bounces back for you and is O.K. But happy to hear you had a nice birthing with your other girl Lisle. Big hugs (( :hug: )).
    Betty

11. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Aww, so sorry for the loss of the twins :hug:

I hope that Lisle's little ones have lifted your spirits, glad to hear they are doing well, congrats!

12. greatcashmeres

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

I am sorry for the losses. :( Congrats on the boy and girl.

13. CrossCreekTX

CrossCreekTX New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Central East Texas

Thank you, all. I knew you'd understand.

Lovey is absolutely adorable. I'm trying hard not to get attached to her brother, but he has a great home waiting. He's twice the size of Lovey and eats twice as much.

Lisle is still in the kidding stall. Milking her in the corner without being tied. Getting my ears cleaned thoroughly in the process! The milkstand will be easier on my back. She's going out to pasture tomorrow.

14. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Lisle sounds as though she would have been a wonderful mom, she's adopted you as her baby!

15. CrossCreekTX

CrossCreekTX New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Central East Texas

Well, looks like Daisy is pg. She is the bigger of the twins that Glennis had in 09. Buck climbed the fence more than once and I never saw him mate her. She is starting to make an udder and is bulgy. I'm guessing at least a month off. Glennis is starting to bag up. Last yr she bagged up a couple of weeks before kidding. She is starting to show too.

When I got Glennis last yr she hadn't been fed well and was mineral deficient. She looks much, much better now. She kidded a month after I got her last yr and the kids were tiny. (Her owner had a heart attack and her hubby was trying to take care of the goats, but didn't do very well.)

Lisle is milking nearly 1/2 gallon a day already.

16. greatcashmeres

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

Yaaay more kids coming! Good save on Glennis-it will be interesting to see her kid size now that she's better. Lisle- :thumb: on the milking amount.

17. CrossCreekTX

CrossCreekTX New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Central East Texas

Lisle is giving 12 cups/day, Penny, 4-6cups/day.

Glennis still hasn't dropped, but is bagging up nicely. She is not appreciating the higher temps. High of 77 today, but low of 47. I know she'll be relieved to get rid of the extra load!

18. CrossCreekTX

CrossCreekTX New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Central East Texas

Glennis has lost her ligs! No sign of labor yet. She'll likely come hollering for me when she starts. She wants her nurse handy! LOL

19. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

thats cute

my one doe waited for me while my other doe waited till my back was turned - literally

20. CrossCreekTX

CrossCreekTX New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Central East Texas

Glennis had one huge, very healthy doeling. The one baby is twice the size of each twin doeling she had last year, but she had a much easier delivery. Mom and baby doing great. Baby's name is Norma, after a visitor to the farm today who begged to have the baby named for her. LOL Norma is a rich brown color.