Here's my flock/herd!

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by Crissa, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
  2. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Handsome animals- Are the goats mini"s or are sheep really that much bigger? I have never had a full grown sheep.

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I like the goaties colors and the sheep don't seem to mind them...the experiences I ve had with sheep are minimal except the fairs...and the ones I saw there seemed "snotty" lol

4. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    No the goat's aren't mini's they're nubians the oldest is only 9 months old and the other is 7 months. The older sheep is almost 2 years old and the younger one is almost a year, so technically they're that much bigger, for now. My sheep also almost seem to act like dogs, they're very well behaved (now anyways) and after I got the younger sheep Tempest my older ewe doesn't mind the goats at all. Thanks!

5. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    California
    Hey Crissa when are you going to breed your ewes? Do you plan on show their lambs next year and if you do when do you need them born by? Man I'm nosey LOL. Every one is looking good. Shelly

6. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I'm going to be sending them to be bred sometime this week, yes I'm planning on showing the lambs and selling any of the extra lambs (if I have any extra) I need them born by February or March, somtimes early April lambs are okay. No you're not nosey. Thanks.

Here's the other pics!
    Ignore me in this pic I wasn't ready for it and I look horrible! :evil:
    [​IMG]

In this one I was trying to get far enough away to get a picture of Heidi, which is a very tricky task! :roll: But isn't she BEAUTIFUL? :wink:
    [​IMG]

And here's two more links to the piccies of the feeding frenzy!
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h219/ ... IM0769.jpg
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h219/ ... IM0770.jpg

7. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    they are beautiful...they are very well blended in the bodies.

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yes they are beautiful! such nice animals!!

They must be slow growers, they look tiny for their age. (but well fed and not in the least bit sickly - so don't get me wrong).

9. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thanks!
    Yeah Lyric is a really slow grower, so were her mom and sister, so I'm not too worried about her. Heidi is two months younger than Lyric and is much taller, but also has a smaller mom. But they are healthy as can be, considering Heidi sucker punched me in the gut earlier and I lost my breath for a bit! :x But they love to run around and chase me so I think they're perfectly fine!

Now my ewes on the other hand OMG! The little one, Molly, wanted the feed bin one time and she tried to jump on me and hit my leg and I wasn't walking without a limp for a while, but she's a sweetheart and loves attention (unless you're trying to put a halter on her)! Tempest, my two year old, is the leader and has actually attacked a dog before! Man, you should have seen the look on that poor dog's face when it saw that coming! :shock: She at least weighs 200 lbs!

I know exactly what you mean Stacey, I was actually worried about their size until Candace convinced me that it was in Lyric's genes and after everyone convinced me that they looked perfectly healthy and happy!

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well I kind of figured that it was slow growing genes because they look awesome.

11. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thanks so much Stacey! :D That's a wonderful thing for me to hear since this is my first year with goats and breeding animals!

12. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    You have done a wonderful job!!!!

13. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thanks! I will also thank everyone who's been on goatweb and helped me through the hard times, I wouldn't have gotten through those rough patches without any of you!

14. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    California

15. bigoakfarm

bigoakfarm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Kentucky
    Pretty goats Crissa! I don't know squat about a sheep but those look good to me. Big...but good. :wink:

Kristen

16. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    you have very nice goats(don't know any thing about sheep) they look real good.

17. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    very nice animals, Crissa

I do wonder though, at American sheep - they seem so much thinner and narrower than sheep over here - our sheep are chunky all over!

18. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Crissa your animals look great. All shinny and healthy looking.

19. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Wow Crissa, they look great! You are doing a wonderful job!

20. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    California