He's Here!!!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by sparks879, Jan 5, 2008.

1. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Fire arrived at about eleven o clock this morning. He is really pretty. A little more people friendly then goat friendly. I put him in with ither buck whom is about the same age and size and he got out, so i thought he might enjoy the doe pen better more room and the girls are all bred except ruby who is suposed to be bred to him anyways. So then he gets out of their. So i had to re arrange the kids, put the dry yearlings in the doe pen and my bred yearlings stayed int he kid pen with fire. So far he is staying opput. Though my dry yearlings are very much complainging about the arrangement, they want back int he kid pen.
    Thank you so much to Sue (sybil) for bringing fire up to me. I hope you are pleased witht he two kids you got from me. I know they are going to have a great home.
    Beth

2. sungoats

sungoats New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Jackson NJ
    So, did you have fun playing "musical pens"? :lol:
    Now how about some pics!!!

3. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    YAY!! Congrats Beth! That is so exciting :D.
    Yes, where are the piccies?????????? I want to see your beautiful boy!!

4. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Lol im going out to feed right now, i will see what i can get of him. Yes musical pens was a blast, lol my dry yearlings are yelling at me because they are getting picked on by the milkers. And my milking yearlings want back in with the drys that they are used to being in with. Its going to be a bit chaotic here for a couple of days.

beth

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Congrats!! Can't wait to see new pics of him!! :)

6. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

ok guys here he is. The pictures are a littl dark as it was dusk when i took them. He is a little thin, i think he was spending his time runnin the fence line and was sharing a grain bowl with two other buck kids. So now he has his own eating spot. I put him back in with the other buck and walked the fence lines. I had a couple of lines grounding out. He got his nose zapped and was very upset with me. But he finally came back to me and seems to be ok now.
    Apex is quite jealous and kept putting himself between fire and me.
    http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc13 ... reface.jpg
    http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc13 ... /fire3.jpg
    http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc13 ... /fire2.jpg
    and one of apex because he was jealous
    http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc13 ... 9/apex.jpg

enjoy!
    beth

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    He's still handsome!! :D I love his coloring :) You are very lucky to have him :)

8. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Oh he is gorgeous Beth!! Woohoo!! One hot guy :).

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    very nice looking buck! Congrats!!

10. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

thanks guys! I think he is going to do really well here. He has really straight front legs and lots of width between his hicks. a beautiful head and a nice long neck. And he is really friendly. After he got over his fear of me when he got zapped by the electric fence that is.
    beth

11. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    Aww now he's a dandy.
    I've been trying to get pictures of my buck but I always end up getting him riled up and his legs look bad - people who have seen him in person can contest otherwise (so it's not just me saying so) but the pictures of him look HORRID...your guy - now he takes some nice pictures...I'd imagine he's even nicer yet. congrads.

12. sungoats

sungoats New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Jackson NJ
    What a cutie! Congrats and good luck with him!

13. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    He is really a handsome buck!

14. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Thanks Everyone! Poor Apex doesn;t seem to like him. Feeding time was quite hectic. One of my does who i though had settled about three months ago (she hadn't come into heat) But I went down to the barn to discover Fire and Apex had broken the buck gate and had gotten in with the does. Little Bit was flagging like crazy. Ah jeez, so its either a false heat or she miscarried somewhere. Which i see highly unlikely as i never saw any blood or fetus. So im hoping its just a false heat. But if she kids at the end of march then iknow she was bred to apex if she kids in June im going to have to send in a DNA test.
    Oh the joys of goats.
    beth

15. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Both of your boys are handsome!! Fires colors are really pretty! I like the tri-colored goaties cause they put me in mind of calico kitties. Glad you got him, now heres to a rainbow of kids the next time around!

16. Sybil

Sybil New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Rainier, Oregon
    aah yes, the joys of buck ownership. Bringing back the memories. Before I moved back to my hometown I had a real barn and had put up a cyclone buck pen. Now I have goat sheds and no buck pen. This spring I will need to put up a secure goat pen for the buck. I hate escapees!!!
    Sue

17. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

LOl thanks that would be awsome. For the last two years i have gotten nothing but different variations of two tone chamoisees My entire herd just about consists of it. Except one cou blanc and one belted cou clair, but they weren't born here.
    beth

18. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    He's a pretty boy!!! Congrats!

19. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW, I say he is a pretty boy. I have to say I really like him. He looks some what like one of my boys.
    [​IMG]

20. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Beth, Fire looks great!! I bet you'll get some nice kids from him!!