Hey all -- like the new look?

Discussion in 'TGS Announcements & Help' started by StaceyRosado, Sep 11, 2012.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Im so excited at the new things happening.

The nitty gritty runnings of TGS has been bought out by a small company called GroupBuilder.

They approached me about hosting and owning TGS and keeping it running smoothly for years to come. I first balked at the idea of not personally owning this great forum but came to realize I was doing you all a disservice with my pride. I can't run a forum on the tech side of it. Its been pretty apparent now for a few years with the couple of crashes we had. It was pretty near over for TGS 2 years ago and its been patched ever since. I feared our wonderful forum going dark and never coming back a VERY REAL possibility. So for your all sake I have made this transition from owner to just admin. But its not all bad ;)

Anyway long story short is TGS has a little bit of a new look as it is under vBulletin and Im SO happy about that. :cool: so much more it can offer and MUCH more stable.

Austin is our new Admin through GroupBuilder but all our previous moderators and admins stay the same. Business as usual as they say :) Austin though is planning on helping to intigrate all your suggestions and wants to make TGS more of YOUR forum.

Exciting days ahead.

2. CapriGem

CapriGem Senior Member

May 12, 2010
    Western PA
    I am sorry Stacey, but I really do not like the new look.

It doesn't look at all lke a goat forum. I wish you would have told us about all the changes. It was quite a shock when I went to check out the forum today.

I sure hope it improves from what it is like right now.

3. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    whats a "goat forum" suppose to look like?

4. GoldenSeal

GoldenSeal New Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    As with anything I think most people dislike change :) It will take some getting used to for sure!

5. GoldenSeal

GoldenSeal New Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Btw I LOVE LOVE LOVE the preview of posts!! Another forum I'm on has this and now I keep trying to do it on all the forums I'm on by habit.

6. i am noT liking iT much myself and iT is noT abouT change. i am for change if iT is good change. when i did finally geT on i THoughT i had screwed up and i was on some car club THing for offroading. Then i sTarTed realizing i was on a new goaT spoT. :eek:

7. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yeah, we were all surprised and I can understand why people would be mad about not being forewarned of this change. I'm not overly thrilled and trying to figure things out is hard. Where is my "active topics" button?! I'm going to go mourn it. lol

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    go to the top and you should see a "new posts" thats your active topics :D

9. ForumTech

ForumTech Administrator Staff Member

Sep 10, 2012
    I copied the stylesheet of the phpBB forum pretty much verbatim including even the variants of the colors. If you let me know what I missed I could resolve but I felt I was fairly diligent to make the interface the same.

10. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    That's not my active topics button. I see the "new posts" and "todays posts" and all that at the top, but those are not the same. So I continue mourning my little friend.

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    To me it looks almost identicle -- just a few differences with where things are located. But I love the bigger buttons and how clearly everything is laid out.

Wish I had my logo though -- cant figure that one out why its missing.

Anyway -- change for these people is hard (been through it before with minor changes and upgrades they didnt like those btu soon got use to them and enjoyed them) dont take offense we are just simple folk who love our goats ;)

12. xymenah

xymenah Member with a bahhh

Jul 1, 2011
    Mount Olive, NC
    I like it. Of course like any change it will take a bit to get used to.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  13. ForumTech

ForumTech Administrator Staff Member

Sep 10, 2012
    What was Active Topics?

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

Hmm really? odd

15. i have a new posTs buTTon buT iT does noT show me new posTs iT every Time. someTimes iT is showing posTs from THis afTernoon and someTimes currenT.

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats because it only shows new posts that you havent looked at or replied to. Once you reply to it then it disapears from new posts until a new post is made

17. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    screen shot

Attached Files:

• tgs.jpg
      tgs.jpg
      File size:
      39.7 KB
      Views:
  18. :sigh: ugg
    can THaT be changed?

19. WillowGem

WillowGem Love them goats!

Aug 3, 2011
    Michigan
    I'm relatively new on this forum...but I really like the new look, Stacy.
    I agree that it really isn't much different from before, I like the headings along the top with the option to view today's posts and new posts.

The option to "like" a post is a great new feature too. :)

The only downside I've seen so far is the loss of avatars, signatures, and the resetting of passwords.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  20. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    "active topics"

was a listing of all topics that were currently receiving replies within say a 2 day window of time. They were kind of like "hot topics" but really just any topic that had been posted or posted to in the past few hours to a day.

That explain it right Ashley?