Hey all -- like the new look?

Discussion in 'TGS Announcements & Help' started by StaceyRosado, Sep 11, 2012.

1. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I'm sorry, but I don't like this? Why did we switch servers anyway? And why weren't the members notified beforehand of this switch?

2. Momma2many

Momma2many New Member

Aug 3, 2012
    North Idaho
    I dont mind the change, as I am used to this format from other message boards I belong to.

I do think it would have been nice to forewarn members of the upcomming move, so we werent all thrown in a tizzy when the other board was no longer working.

3. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    It looks good.. it will just take a little time for me to get used to it.. No complaints from me.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    because I didnt deem it necessary to do so.

I am also BUSY UP TO MY EYE BALLS with life right now. I knew you would survive. ;)

really guys its just a change of format - TGS is still here. Relax :)

5. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Thanks very much to Stacey and the admins for helping me with my login problems due to the change.

I'm sorry to say it but the thread does ask whether we like the new look - and to be honest I dont. To me the only thing the same is the green colour theme. It kind of seems sterile and looks just like any other generic forum, whereas before it was sort of individual. I do like some of the options it has added though, but I also dislike some of the things we seem to have lost and I'm confused about some of the things we now have.

A couple of suggestions - the logo picture seems to have suffered and got smaller - and it really doesnt stand out as being the name of the site as such and identifying us as a goat forum, its kind of tucked away hiding in the corner up there.

Some questions - what is the purpose of the different links at the top of the page - photos, articles, goats, goat breeds, reviews, groups, videos. How will these be used?

Will the subforums go back to being listed in the order they previously were? Its a bit confusing at the moment trying to find them as they are now in different places. And they sort of made sense the way they were ordered before (ie. all the 'type' subforums after each other, goat frenzy as a general board was first, rainbow bridge last etc) whereas they seem a bit all over the shop now.

To be honest I dont really like the way it looks, and it will take some getting used to obviously. But at the end of the day as long as the community is still here I guess how it looks isnt important and we will adjust to how it functions now.

6. Dayna

Dayna Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Pahoa Hawaii
    I would happen to agree on the logo. I think that the logo could be centered into a sort of a banner?

7. Mrndly

Mrndly Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Whitehouse Sta, NJ
    new look

okay so I am getting used to the new look and it looks like there are some nice new features. like sorting the order of a thread from newest to oldest or oldest to newest.
    I guess I will survive:D --

8. ThreeHavens

ThreeHavens 7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether

Oct 20, 2011
    New Jersey
    I actually do like the new look. It looks clean and professional. I also like that there's going to be a goat breed directory. I think this is going to be a better format, especially for those new to goats who need some quick info on what to look for and where to find things.

9. milkmaid

milkmaid I'm not addicted - I'm in love!

Stacey, I was VERY worried when I saw the new Admins etc. - I thought you were leaving for good! I am SOOOOO glad you will still be here!!!!
    The new look will take some getting used to. I think I like the new features, but it will be a few days before I know for sure.
    I, too, will miss the "Active Topics" button, but "New Posts" is almost the same - it'll work. :thumb:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  10. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Well, it does look different, but I'm sure we'll all get used to it! Change can be difficult for an old biddy like me! ;)

11. once gliTchs geT worked ouT i mighT like iT a biT more buT righT now i do noT.
    does everyone have 2 Trucks in THe upper righT corner where THe old goaT spoT emblem used TO be?
    Mine says Cherokee alk in big old leTTers. If i did noT know your all names i would sure noT THink THis is a goaT forum.

12. how do i do a screen shoT To show?

13. rosti

rosti Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Centerville,WA
    I really don't like the new look. But then again I don't like change. It is kind of hard to navigate but I'm sure we can figure it out. I really like the "like" button.

14. Boondachs

Boondachs Member

May 11, 2012
    Port Republic, MD
    @ Logan - you probably need to clear the cookies, I did have trucks yesterday for a short while but they went away fairly quickly.

Do you know how to clear your cookies from your browser?

15. .:Linz:.

.:Linz:. Look for me in the barn...

I like the new format. I'm used to using this software on other forums so it's not a huge change for me. I do wish there had been an announcement beforehand - even a quick - "hey, we're changing servers and things will be a bit different around here" would have been nice. :) But overall - thumbs up!

16. TGSAdmin

TGSAdmin Administrator

Sep 6, 2012
    We had plans to do that before the transfer, but there were issues accessing due to the GoDaddy hack.

17. .:Linz:.

.:Linz:. Look for me in the barn...

Ah, gotcha. :)

18. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Which Seriously still concerns me because every other time we had the slightest update we were Always informed, always. I'm not liking this new look and mindset about changes at all. If it's ok to just switch without telling anyone then what else is considered ok to do to the membership now?:confused:

19. milkmaid

milkmaid I'm not addicted - I'm in love!

I've been exploring, and I'm beginning to like it a lot - especially all the new options!
    I was looking through the tabs above for "Forum," "Photos," "Articles," etc. What is the "Goats" tab for?

20. J.O.Y. Farm

J.O.Y. Farm ~Crazy Goat Lady~

Jan 10, 2012
    New Hampshire
    I have to agree here... Sorry not trying to sound rude or disrespectful... I just think the old TGS was much easier to find things... and I think it looked better before... now it just seems 'techy' not comfortable and homey....

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012