Hey all the other Colorado People

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by sweetgoats, Apr 18, 2009.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I was just wanting to know how you are doing in this spring storm? I know we are still getting it and it should clear up this afternoon. I sure hope so. My daughters Senior Prom was suppose to be yesterday but they had to cancel it and hope they can still do it today.

Here as I look or try to look out the window, I can only see about OH 3 tenths of a mile at times. We have drifts that go up the side of the barn. THIS is why I do not kid in the Spring in Colorado.

Becky, and Cinder. How are you doing? I know Becky has been under snow for months but Cinder, you are still getting it pretty bad, how are you doing?
  2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    i heard about the snow. I figured you all were happy yet frustrated. I know you needed the moisture but boy SNOW in April

3. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Hi ya Lori! We are LOVING this storm. We have gotten a good two feet and have drifts four to five feet high at this point. It's still coming down really well right now! We don't know when we will be able to get out our driveway though. We don't have a tractor and our truck's 4 wheel drive (the one I was driving when we met) is broken so it's worthless in the snow - dually's always are. That leaves our mini van and ... well, it's a mini van! :)

My pastures and hay field are thrilled with this snow! Yippeee.... so are we! :leap: I'm not looking forward to the mud we're going to have next week as it melts in the upcoming 70 degree weather.