Hey cdtrum

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by sweetgoats, Nov 11, 2009.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Denise, So you are Grandma now? I have been waiting to see you post something and either I missed it or you did not post it.
    I know your daughter was sent home several times. How did it all go?

We need details AND pictures of your grand baby.

2. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Yes, Denise! How did it go???

3. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Well, thank you for asking....it has been a roller coaster of a week! She finally had him Saturday 11:00am, Seattle time.....the kicker is, she gave into having an epidural and when they gave it to her they made too big a hole in her spine and didn't realize it, so she was leaking spinal fluid until a nurse caught on to what was going on because my daughter was having a horrible backache and headache all afternoon Saturday........so the doctor had to take her back in and give her what they call a blood patch into the spine to stop the leaking.......because of this she had to stay an extra 24hrs in the hospital and is suppose to be flat on her back.......next kicker is her hubby got a call from his commander and they recalled him back to Iraq early (he was suppose to be home for another 2 weeks).....he had to be on a plane 6:00am this morning! They just got home from hospital yesterday.........needless to say my daughter is very sad and an emotional wreck and my son-n-law, even though a tough soldier was one sad man having to leave his wife and newborn this morning, her real father will be there Friday and will stay with her for a week and then I will go out. On a good note....the baby (Trent Michael) is just wonderful and he is such a good baby so far (knock on wood)......I so pray for her to find the strength to get through this difficult emotional time.......As a mom, it is horrible having your baby (26yr old) so far away, I just want so bad to be there and take care of her and the baby.....but her real dad had already made plans to be there this week, so I will have to wait my turn.

I'll post pics later.......Denise

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR GRANDSON DENISE!!!!

Too bad about his daddy needing to leave so soon after his arrival :hug: Prayers sent that Trents daddy comes home safely and soon :hug:

I bet you are just itching to hold the little guy...my goodness, those two weeks will fly and before you know it he'll be in your arms...as will your baby :hug:

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Congrats on your new grandbaby!!!! Can't wait for the pics!!!!

6. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Thanks so much for the congrats!

Just got off phone with the new mommy....she is hanging in there. I could hear Trent cooing and it just makes my heart melt and yes, Liz.....I can't wait to get my hands on the little guy!

7. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Congrats! Good to hear that the little guy is healthy and doing well. :leap:
    It's too bad that her hubby had to leave so soon--I'm sure she could really use his support. I can't even imagine how hard it must be for both of them to have to be apart at such an important time in their lives. She has a tough couple of weeks ahead of her, but definitely a lot to look forward to. :)

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH Denise, I sure will add them to my prayer list. I will pray that your son in law will return back to the US safe and sound, and that your daughter is the strong women that she needs to be in these tough times.

Oh I bet you are just going crazy :GAAH: waiting to see your adorable grand son.

Now we need details. Weight and length. :boy: :boy:

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Congrats Denise -- thanks Lori for bringing this up

:stars: :birthday: to the new one :dance:

10. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Thanks to all of you for kindness and concern......Trent weighed 7lbs. 2oz. and was 22 inches long......he is such a good, good baby, which is what his mommy needs right now......he is only waking her up a couple times a night. She sounds so much better today and her father will get there tomorrow which is such a relief to me! I can not wait to get out there and she is now considering coming here for Christmas as her brother and his family will be here to.

The new Daddy emailed this morning and he was in Germany awaiting his flight into Kuwait and then on to Iraq.....as much as I respect the Military, it was just not right what his commander did to him, calling him back early.

Thanks again, Denise

11. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Oh Denise, that would be wonderful if mom and Grand son could come spend Christmas with you. Oh that would be great. I am hoping and praying it will work out for you.

I am glad your daughter is doing better.

12. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    That's great about Trent!

That is so sad that dad has to leave...:( And you're poor daughter. I can only imagine what she's going through.