The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son started showing pygmy goats and now its Mom’s project! Actually we have been breeding and showing as a hobby since 2009. Glad to find a chat forum where questions and ideas can be shared. Thank you for approving my request to join! And Happy New Year!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do others think is going in with pygmy breeding and genetics? There are way too many does having difficult kiddings. Even when selecting for good depth of body and slope of rump...I realize how critical accurate breeding dates are but have lost so
many does and babies over the years. Breeding to good kidding does with good lines to my permanent grand championship buck. And approx 1/3 of daughters of the good kidding does have had issues ranging from no
Dilation to C sections to ruptured uteri. A frustrating several years.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Theres really good info on the forums about inducing heat and using different drug protocols. I have a first time doe that has a date with a friends buck on Jan 13-14. So ultrasounded today to confirm open as she has gained some weight. No baby but signs of fluid in uterus so suspect false pregnancy. She is 18 months old. I was going to do the 2 shot lutalyse protocol. Havent used cystorelin with lute. What are your feelings/advice?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts