Hi all, ( I confess) I am a Goataholic !!!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by fitwind, Nov 9, 2010.

1. fitwind

fitwind New Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Hello,
    I have been lurking in the background for quite awhile. This is a really neat site, perfect for my GOAT addiction :p
    I have some Nigie/Pygmys mixes and love them alot. My daughter is a Goataholic :roll: (I had nothing to do with it :angelgoat: ) has just started her Registered Nigerian herd. I can't wait to show her this site.
    I live in SW Missouri, on a small 21 acre farm with goats :leap:,chickens,banties,rabbits,ducks, a dog and a cat.
    I can't wait to post some pictures of our babies on here, I mean really who could resist such cute creatures :lovey:

It is nice to be here !!!

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome to TGS! :wave:
    I started my little addiction 10 years ago with pygmy/nigi crosses and added my first registered nigies just over 3 years ago.
    I can't wait to meet your herd!

3. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Hey! I have registered Nigis....Been addicted for 3 years now!

Welcome!

4. Mon Reve Farm

Mon Reve Farm New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Southern DE
    Welcome from Southern Delaware!!

My addiction only just started a little over a year ago. Brought home my first Nigerians on New Years Eve Day 2009.

You will enjoy this group of goataholics!!!

5. fitwind

fitwind New Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Hey all, thanks for the warm welcome !!! Nigerians are so easy to :love:
    Glad to be here

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    welcome to TGS officially :)

7. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Welcome to the group! It's ok...we all are goataholics here. Join the club! :)

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Yep.... I am in the goataholic club as well....LOL :laugh: There is no cure..... :wink: :greengrin:

Welcome to TGS glad to have you here...... :hi5: :wave:

9. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Welcome from Arkansas!! My addiction started 5 yrs ago...its starting to rub off on my niece

10. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Welcome to the group!!!!! :wave:

11. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Good to have you here! My addiction started about 6 yrs ago & it's starting to rub off on my hubby :shocked:

12. CapriGem

CapriGem Senior Member

May 12, 2010
    Western PA
    Welcome, from Western PA.

Caught my husband commenting how he liked the way so-and-so looked and then he realized he was admitting outloud that he likes the goats and is picking his favorites. :laugh:

I have noticed it more and more since winning a little at the local shows :ponder:

13. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome, welcome,welcome. So glad you are here, and really glad you like it here. :wave: :wave:

14. creekbottomgoats

creekbottomgoats Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Mississippi
    :wave: I am guilty of the same sickness! LOL

I purchased two goats for my children. I look at it as a 4H project gone wild. Working on 4 years now and we have loved every minute. I stopped counting after 18 goats. Hee Hee It's just a herd. :)

Welcome to TGS. I haven't had time to be online much, but this is a great place for goat lovers!!

15. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Welcome!!

I'm a terrible goat addict myself!

16. MrKamir

MrKamir New Member

Nov 1, 2009
    texas
    My husband had a dream a few years back to raise nigerian dwarfs and I was like "ok, whatever". I never raised any farm animal so my heart wasn't exactly in it. He on the other hand was farmed raised all his life and wanted very much to move back into the country. Well, we made that dream come true 3 years ago and I love these little goats and all my other farm animals. I too stopped counting after 15 goats. And yes, it's addictive.

17. fitwind

fitwind New Member

Nov 6, 2010
    We have a total of 16 goats...... 10 of them mine and 6 well their my daughters ( I think they are mine too...LOL) but they are hers she bought them with her money.
    I still keep count.... :roll:

18. Farmgirl675

Farmgirl675 New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Hello from Michigan........I'm new to goats, only have one(for now)! Have lots of other animals though.

Hope you enjoy it here!