Hi every one

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by fritzie, May 27, 2008.

1. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    i have not been posting much latly as i have been very busy. all my does finally kidded & i have not felt right for quit some time. now some of you on here already know this but just wanted to tell the rest of you that i do come on here every day(couple of times) but i have been spending alot of time at the doctors having test done. well they finnaly found out what is wrong with me. i have non hodgkins lymphoma. pretty much what it means is i have cancer in my lymphnodes in my chest & abdomin. i will be starting treatment in a week. so far they will be chemo. i feel very pausative about the out come but right now i get very tired easy so even tho i am not on alot i am thinking of all of you. have a great day folks chat later

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I am so sorry to hear that. I will sure add you to my prayer list. :pray: :pray: . yes you will fight this and we are all here behind you.

What can we do for you???? Please let us know. :grouphug: :grouphug:

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Oh hun - I am praying for you to have a VERY quick recovery. :hug: :pray:

I am glad that you checked in and let us know - please keep us updated!

Allison

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh my! it seems like everyone I know is getting dianosed with cancer :sigh:

I will be praying hard for you :pray: and if you could keep us updated on prayer requests that would be awesome.

I was missing you and even mentioned that to another member thanks for filling us in on whats going on. :hug:

5. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I'm so sorry that you have to go through this- seems like when a person has everything organized when something else gets thrown in the mix.
    What are the treatment plans? How long do you have to do the chemo?
    I know that many of us are too far away to be useful you in many ways but please let us know how you are when you have the energy to spare. Anyone who loves goats is a friend - you will be in my thoughts.
    :grouphug:

6. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    thanks every one :grouphug: i will know more tomorrow after i meet with the clinical nurse. i know that they said i will lose my hair & i will be very sick but i am a fighter & i will bet this if there is any way to do it. i really appreciate everyones prayers & support & i will keep you up dated. never rains that it pours. just got back from the vet one of my baby bucks has entro. he is on iv fluids & i don't know if he will make it or not. then on my way home the brakes on my truck let go so have to see what is up with them. i do know that long term with this kind of cancer is 10 to 15 years & short term is 3 to 5. again that you so much for your support & friendship it means a lot.

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    the thing with Cancer is that it puts a time table on life and that is scary to us. But the facts are I could leave work today and not make it home. We never know what each day or moment will bring. Doesn't change the "fear factor" in cancer though :(

8. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    i am not afraid to die. i just don't want to suffer for years first. oh my little buck did not make it. i am just going to make the best of what time i have from now on. when it is mine time i will know. you are right i could live for 10 years with this or i could fall down my stairs 7 snapm my neck you never know.

9. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Fritzie, I just found out that one of our breeder friends had this same type of cancer, he is now cancer free. I do hope you have as great an outcome as he did. Cancer is such a scary word, and it is growing all too common now. Something like 1 in 3 women get cancer. Unbelievable. I will be praying for you, and for a complete recovery.

I am so sorry.

:hug:

10. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Oh Fritzie- I'm so sorry about your little buck-If I had the ordering of the world, no one would have to deal with so many things at once. But I can't even order my own little section of the world.
    One of the County Supervisors had a lymphoma too- I don't know if it is the same as yours- it was so many years ago I can't remember. I worked with his wife and it was a very traumatic time for them. But he found good treatment and it was pushed away. Later he decided that he wanted to actually do something instead of complaining about it and ran for County Supervisor (the elected board running the county here.) He won- then won another term and darn it, is now going for his third. No way he won't win because he is universally recognized as the best person on the board- no one has a bad word to say about him. Long story to have a point that he was not given any chance of recovery by his doctor and here he is 17 years later with a life he loves better than anything he had before his illness.
    Have you found anyone who has gone through this? Someone who can give you the straight poop about what to expect?

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh how sad! I am sorry you lost him :cry:

12. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    I will definitely keep you in my prayers. I'm glad that you have such a positive attitude going into this...that is really good.

We are all here for ya and when you have the time and energy....update us and let us know how you are!

13. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear that Fritzie!!! Hugs and prayers for you :hug:

Please keep us updated, I'm sure you'll be able to fight it :hug:

14. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    I hate to hear you are going through this. I personally know 3 people who have had this kind of cancer and all 3 are doing great today and for one it has been over 10 years and he is still cancer free. I am sure this is not going to be any fun going through all the treatments but from what I hear the out come for this kind of cancer is usually good. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please check in from time to time and let us know how you are doing. :hug:

15. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    thanks guys. it sure helps hearing of others that have had this & are doing great now. i didn't know any one that had it so this makes me feel alot better. i will know alot more today agter i go to nashville. :grouphug:

16. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Good morning, Fritzie- here it 8 am-I hope things went well in Nashville. I thought about you a lot last night, sending wishes for your good health.

17. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Fritzie, I am so sorry that you have all this going on at once. You are a very strong person and the Lord NEVER EVER gives someone more then they can handle.
    It sounds like you have a VERY positive attitude and outlook on life to this NASTY thing and you will come out a fighter.
    Just give it all to the Lord and ask him to take care of you and he will. I will be praying for you.

I am also really sorry that you lost your little guy. WOW when it rains it pours. :hug: and please know that we are a ll here and let me tell you with this many people praying, good thing will come. :pray: :pray:

18. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    thanks guys it means alot. well i went to nashville today & this friday i have to go to the hospital in dickson to out patient surgery to have a port a cath put in then a week from friday i start chemo. i will go for six weeks & i go every three weeks. this friday & next i need some one to drive me & pick me up. i have a ride there but not sure about com9ing home. i will have to be in dickson by 6:30am so need to get the 4 milkers milked & the rest of the crew feed & watered & the 9 babies feed before i go. i have about 8 different prescriptions i have to get first & i will lose my hair & my be nauseus(sp) will keep you up dated.

19. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Please tell me there is someone around to help you with all the milking and chores?

As for your hair, It will grow back thick and as beautiful as ever.

20. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    :grouphug:

You will get through this! I will be praying for you. :pray: :hug: :hug: