Hi Everyone, New Admin!

Discussion in 'Pack and Working Goats' started by Austin, Mar 21, 2013.

1. TDG-Farms

TDG-Farms Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State

Jul 12, 2013
    Ya, the manage images doesnt work at all. But if you click the blue Post Reply button at the bottom of the thread it will bring you to a white text box. It will say title: and under that message. Here you will see all the font tweeks. B for Bold, U with a under it for Underline and so on. To the right you will see some icons. Between the envelope icon and the pop up message icon (kinda like what you would see in a comic book) there is a yellow icon that looks like a mountain. This is the insert image button. You can click that and add the url (the address of a picture that is already loaded somewhere on the internet. The url will start with http://www. You can get a pictures url address by right clicking it. Selecting copy image location. Then when you click the insert image you past that url into the box. This is the url address for the main picture on my website. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com/photos/Trail-Walks/Pack Trip phone 106.jpg

2. kelly t

kelly t New Member

Jan 26, 2013
    pictures dont work

Can't view the pictures other people post. Using a netbook new forum does not seem to be friendly with netbooks????

3. idahonancy

idahonancy Member Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Idaho North
    Thanks for trying Dave but there are no icons on my "post reply" page except facebook and twitter. My pictures do have a URL but are on my computer. Hopefully Austin is working on the "manage attachments" and in time it will all get worked out. IdahoNancy

4. TDG-Farms

Jul 12, 2013
    Am starting to fear that if this is how this new format works, lots of people are just going to stop coming here. Not to mention anyone knew who stops by is going to try, fail and just move on... if this is indeed the the final product, then this forum will be destined to dry up and die. Maybe a vote by its members to turn back the page to the old design?

5. Austin

Austin Guest

He has not. I have just become and admin to see to day to day issues.

I am looking into where the photos went.

Do you get an error message when it fails?

I'm sorry to be late with my response. I caught the stomach flu on Sunday and am just now getting back to things.

I'm looking into the image issues and hope to know something soon.

6. Nanno

Nanno New Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Rye, CO
    :p
    Dave, you're such a whiner. Quit being a drama queen and be patient a little bit! Clearly your goats are rubbing off on you too much. Sheesh! :p

7. ryorkies

ryorkies New Member

May 4, 2010
    Why did we need a new format? What was wrong with the old one?

8. TDG-Farms

Jul 12, 2013
    Dont you hush me Mrs. Nanno! I can be as much of a queen as I wanna be :) And after working 10 hour days and spending another 6 hours doing chores I am more then ready each day to bust out some drama! hehe

9. Nanno

Nanno New Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Rye, CO
    Nibbles says, "Life's tough! Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!"

Attached Files:

10. Austin

Austin Guest

vBulletin is the most widely used and secure forum software package. I plan to run PGF for many years into the future so I converted us to this software package because I feel it has the best longevity and once you get used to the software features, is the best option in terms of forum software.

It opens a lot of doors for features like a branded and dedicated PGF mobile application, video uploading, etc.

11. Rex

Rex New Member

Nov 30, 2008
    We were pretty much at a stand still with the old software running the forum so some change was necessary. Streaming video and mobile applications change almost daily, so in order for the forum to survive into the future change is necessary. I'm sure we'll all get familiar with the new format soon.

12. TDG-Farms

Jul 12, 2013
    Id really like to come back with something witty but after working 12+ hours, I got nothing... Ill be lucky if I dont fall asleep in one of the feeders :)

13. idahonancy

idahonancy Member Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Idaho North
    Test. Test. Oberpackers picture. I think its working. It looks like it uploaded. Yeah

Attached Files:

14. Rockytopsis

Rockytopsis New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Well I finally got a moment to set down and think about how to change my password and low and behold I did it.
    Looking foreward to catching up on reading and pictures here.
    Rocky

15. ryorkies

ryorkies New Member

May 4, 2010
    I am still looking for the NEW thread button. Can you tell me where to find it?

16. Nanno

Nanno New Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Rye, CO
    Go to the "Home" or "Forum" page, click on whatever topic you want to start a thread in (for example, "The Campfire"), and there is a blue "New Thread" button at the top and bottom of the page on the left-hand side. It's above and below the list of threads under that topic. Austin even posted a photo of the "New Thread" button in this thread:
    http://www.packgoatforum.com/f31/bugs-forum-complaints-1549/index2.html
    Post #18.

Hope that helps!

17. Rex

Rex New Member

Nov 30, 2008
    The new thread button is only there when you are not in an actual thread. Inside a thread you only have the reply option.