Hi everyone new member from Southern Ohio!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by WalnutGroveFarm, Sep 28, 2008.

1. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Hi all I just joined and I just got to say I love all the information that I am learning from these boards. I have three goats at this time but plan on adding more in the future. I have Brutus a whether and then I have Gracie and Clare my does. But anyways just wanted to say hi and sure I will be asking questions in the near future. Cause Im really new to goats I bought my first two three weeks ago and the other just this past Friday night.
  2. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Welcome to The Goat Spot!! :) So glad you joined. Pygmies are so cute!

3. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Welcome! :greengrin: I'm sure you'll like it here.
  4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :wave: :wave: welcome ..... :wave:
  5. dobe627

dobe627 Senior Member

Oct 16, 2007
    southeast PA
    Welcome from another pygmy owner/lover. I currently have 11, mostly pygmies. I love their size and personalities. My one little girl " Faith" loves to ride in the truck with me. Enjoy the site and your goats. Cathy
  6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Welcome from Idaho :wave:

Glad that you are here - and don't forget lots of pictures!!!
  7. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Hey thanks for all the nice welcomes. They will not cooperate with me right now. I keep taking pics that look so stupid. But I will try to upload some that I have now. Brutus is the whether he is chocolate one and then Gracie is the light grey one and then clare is the black one. Now Gracie is suppose to be a pygmy but to me she looks like she is crossed with something else. She is very dainty looking and the other two are more stocky. What do you guys think about Gracie do you think she is mixed with something.
  8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome from SW PA!! I have an aunt that lives in Amanda and an Uncle in Minerva...Your kids are so cute..Gracie is the color of my bucks dam...and to me they all look to have some Nigerian Dwarf in them....they all look alot like the kids I get here. You'll find that they are so sweet and Clare will come around....lots of love and attention as well as treats and you won't be able to get them away from you. So glad you found us and I hope you find us very helpful and supportive. :)
  9. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Welcome!! :wave:

You'll love it here, everyone is so helpful. Your goats are the cutest! I love the miniatures. :love:
  10. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
  11. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007

I live close to Minerva lol
  12. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Thanks again for all the great replies. I dont mind that they look like they have nigi in them but I did hope they where fullblooded pygmy's cause that is what I was told and paid for. I wanted to start breeding them in the future but if they are crossed then I dont know what to do. But I love this board and Im so glad I found it. :)
  13. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Welcome to The Goat Spot!!! Sometimes you can sell crosses just as well as the purebreds. Although I think around here the Nigerians would sell better. I had Mini Oberhaslis-Nigerian/Oberhasli crosses and they did not sell as well as the Nigerians do around here. Do you have lots of Amish people around your area? I have been into reading books about them lately.
  14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am pretty well able to sell my crosses and nigis pretty well. The nigi / pygmy cross will give you the best of both worlds!!! I will take a couple pics of my Nigi/pygmy crosses that are 8 days old today and post them. I am on my way to disbudding them now :)

15. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    If you take a look at my site...All of my kids have been pygmy/nigi crosses...and a little pointer that I learned the hard way, the ONLY way you can be sure you are getting a pure bred pygmy or nigi...is to get registered goats, even a purebred without "buying" the papers is a bit more$$ but when you see the parents and they are registered, some breeders choose to not paper kids...due to personal reasons. The only 100% pygmy's I have/had are Hank, my buck and a little doe named Dolly.

BTW....Around here people see "mini" goats and they call them pygmies....just because they are short.
  16. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Man I wish I lived close to you kelebek I have been wanting someone to show me how to disbud, so if I ever do have any little ones I can do it myself. Redneck_Acres I live in a county that is full of Amish people, they are everywhere. But Nigi is what I wanted to begin with and then I switched to pygmy's so it looks like I got both of what I wanted lol.
  17. Manchas4Me

Manchas4Me New Member

Sep 23, 2008
    pgg, all your goats are cute, but your little Gracie is just adorable!!!! Who could resist that face???? :love: And to me she looks like she's mostly Nigi. Cute, cute, cute. :clap:
  18. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome. Those goats are adorable. :wave:
  19. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    :wave: Hi from central PA. Pretty goats! Welcome to TGS!
  20. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    I'm from Ohio too! :stars: