The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi i started raising alpines in 2002 in the state of maine. in 2004 i lost my beloved husband very suddenly & decide to move to warmer weather(no snow) i have a small farm of 3 & 1/2 acres with three barns on it in waverly TN. i do miss maine at times but not in the winter :wink: i am a member of GW but only go there to read(personnal reasons) & i have sold three of my alpines to Kristen at big oak farm. a friend of mine in VA told me about this site so thought i would join in.
when i was in maine i use to do about 9 shows a year but have only been able to do three since i have been down here. i hope to go to the nationals next year in KY.
yes i do hve a web site it is http://www.freewebs.com/emeraldknollfarms
i will hve to put it in my sig line

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Hi - I raise my little goats by myself too and have a smaller place than your's- it's just 2 1/2 acres. But that's good as I can barely keep up with that.
What made your choice of Tennesse? Tthat's so different than Maine.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not sure why i choice TN. i was on another forum & meet some real nice folks & heard all about TN so thought i would give it a try. i brought 11 does down from maine with me & it took them a while to get use to the change but they adjusted real good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts