The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I have raised Boer and Boer cross goats since 1999. We started with 500 head, but last year cut back to 100 head since we're older and not as energetic as we once were. We raised sheep before the goats and also have raised beef cattle until 1994 when we moved to our new farm and the ground couldn't support cattle. My husband grew up and worked on his family dairy farm (milking usually 98 or so head of Holsteins) until he was in his mid 30's. He also raised hogs for several year. We have a lot of experience and knowledge about livestock, but invariably about when you think you know it all, something happens to show you that you really don't. I think forums have made it so much easier to find out what other folks doing and experiencing so we don't feel so alone when stuff happens.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
:hi: Welcome to The Goat Spot, glad you joined the forum. Really like the statement about forums being a type of community where the owners share with one another. This forum in particular, is exceptional in that regard.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad you found us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts