The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I came across this forum a few days ago and have really appreciated all the info here. I'm currently goat less, but I'm hoping to add some mini Cheviot lambs next year. And probably a couple of goats too. Two years ago we lost our Nubian cross Sputnik and a week later our pygmy girl Matilda. My mom raised and showed pygmy goats in the 90's. We always have had atleast 2, so its seems empty. I really like the little guys, but lately I've been looking at some of the fainting goats and nigerians(love the colors).

I do have a few other pets. :p There's the 2 horses, 2 gaited ponies, and 7 miniatures and Shetlands. Four dogs(3 aussies and a heinz 57), 4 cats and 2 foster kittens. Then there are the 3 rabbits, 2 pigeons, 2 lovebirds, 2 runner ducks, the laying hens, and the betta fish. I think that's everyone!

·
Registered
30,594 Posts
welcome from Central Texas...I have some friends down your way ..when you are ready for goats...One has Nigerians the other saanen and Nubian : ) I can "hook you up" lol...if you like...tested clean herds..always a plus ...

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone :)

I've been doing a lot of reading and learning here. There is a lot of good info.

I think I found someone to bring down the sheep next year if all works out. She is very nice and very reasonable(about 1/2 the price of everyone else) I'm getting really excited. I've been waiting for a couple of years now. Fingers crossed!

Wildegoats23- I was in cypress not to long ago. We had to make a
Buck-ees stop ;)
My cousin lives out there too. Very pretty area.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Thanks everyone :) I've been doing a lot of reading and learning here. There is a lot of good info. I think I found someone to bring down the sheep next year if all works out. She is very nice and very reasonable(about 1/2 the price of everyone else) I'm getting really excited. I've been waiting for a couple of years now. Fingers crossed! Wildegoats23- I was in cypress not to long ago. We had to make a Buck-ees stop ;) My cousin lives out there too. Very pretty area.
Yep I'm in cypress! Have you seen the huge buccees in Waller that just opened? AWESOME!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry for the delay.

I haven't been to that bucces yet. Ill have to go now though ;)

I've emailed a few more breeders today to see if they will have any lambs this spring. I love the breeder in Wa sheep. But finding transportation isn't easy. The best price has been about 1600 and I haven't heard back from the yet.
Still looking at goats too. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts