Hi from Alberta!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AndersonAcres, Feb 11, 2010.

1. AndersonAcres

AndersonAcres New Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Alberta
    Hi! I'm a fairly new member located in Northwestern Alberta in Canada. :type: My husband and I have recently moved to a 13.5 acre farmstead complete with a picturesque barn and quaint house. Unfortunately 'picturesque' and 'quaint' also means 'needs lots of work'!! :sigh:

We have 2 goats at the moment, Lady is a Saanen of unknown age whose kids were weaned and was available as a milk goat. Trickle is a Alpine/Togenberg cross and she has kidded once but we have not milked her yet. Our goats are alternately protected and hassled by our guardian dog, Titan, an Akbash/Marema cross. We are intending to get a few Dexter cattle this spring, and the heritage chicks are ordered and are to arrive in May! I'm very excited to expand the variety of animals on the farm to utilize the small space we have here!

Our journey into the land of goat ownership has had many challenges already and I appreciate the very helpful topics on this forum, thank you all for your sound advice and stories! :thumb:

Colleen

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    welcome Colleen! glad to have you here :D

3. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
  4. Tyler

Tyler New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Central Illinois
    Welcome! :D

I can relate to you when it comes to 'picturesque' and 'quaint'... :p

5. jberter

jberter New Member

Welcome Colleen, this is a very nice forum and loaded with helpful info and nice people willing to help newbies to goats,,me included,,, I'm a newbie and have been reading this forum for a long time before joining and they have helped me over a lot of bumps in the road to being a better informed goat owner. I have the Boer breed with only 3 does named Katherine,Betty & B.G.(traditional color- red head/white body) and 1 buck named Fudge(red).They are all super sweet :love: and love them dearly. I realy like seeing the different test everyone puts up to see if any are preggy, and I try to take as much in as I can to hopefully be prepared for when my 3 girls kid in April. Would love to see your 2 girls,and good luck with the breeding.
    Betty

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    welcome...Welcome....California here ...to say howdy.....so happy you are here... :wave:

7. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Welcome to TGS and have fun here! :wave:

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :wave: Welcome Colleen....Glad to have you join us!!

9. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

:wave: hello from Minnesota in the USA. Glad to have you on the forums, this is a pretty great group of people

10. nutmegfarm

nutmegfarm New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    NE Ohio
    Hello and welcome!!