Hi from another newbie...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by farmergal, Dec 5, 2009.

1. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    Hi there,
    I've been lurking around on the Minis page for quite a while now, and thought I'd officially introduce myself. :wave: My name's Lynda, I'm in Northern California, raising goats and chickens and growing produce to sell at farmers markets. I now have 9 Nigis and have quickly become obsessed with them! I am really grateful for The Goat Spot, and all of you are wonderful for helping out us newbies with all of our worries and concerns.
    So, hi y'all! And thanks for the help.
    -Lynda

PS -- How do I get one of those neato countdown-to-kidding things in my signature? I am excitedly counting down to my first-ever kidding! Luckily my doe, Emily, is a veteran kidder -- I bought her bred from a wonderful breeder who assured me that her only problem is that sometimes she kids too quickly (so I need to make sure I'm there to clean off the first kid because Emily will probably be too busy bearing down on #2.) The breeder even got an ultrasound so I know she's pregnant (probably with twins although they couldn't quite tell -- one didn't look quite as developed as the other one, not sure what that means, and she had a couple of fluid pockets that made it hard for them to see). All I can see on the ultrasound picture is a bunch of little dark blobs that don't look much like baby goats :shrug: Course I remember when my mom was pregnant with my little brothers, that's what they looked like too! And they still came out cute as can be :love:

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome ...Lynda,...so happy you are here .......what part of northern Ca ...I am in Corning Ca near Chico/ redding area.. :wave:
    To bad you didn't want to get into Boers...I know just the person that can set ya up with them...LOL anyway...good luck on you Minis... :wink:

I wish I can answer your question... but I don't know... but am anxious to find out myself.... :wink: :greengrin:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Thank you ...RunAround... :hug: :greengrin:

4. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Hi Lynda,

Welcome to the group!!!!! My girls love to get back massages and tummy rubs during their labors... it seems to help with their contractions. One of my does will cry if I stop LOL... So be ready to give some good rubs and enjoy your new kids! YAY!!!

Jess
    Faint-Hearted Ranch
    www.faintheartedranch.net