Hi From Arizona!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jayne, Jun 3, 2008.

1. jayne

jayne New Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Hi,

My name is Jayne. We live in Southern AZ with 6 of our 8 human kids, (two are in college), and our three dogs, three cats, 19 chickens, and as of right now 14 goats. We have 5 milking does; 1 Alpine, 1 Alpine/Nubian, 1 Nubian, 1 Saanen, and 1 Toggenburg,1 Nubian buck, and as of right now their respective kids born this year. The kids are almost old enough to start to sell!!!

I am very goat addicted and am not ready to recover. We have had goats now for three years, and enjoyed almost every minute of it. (Don't like dehorning, or sick goats!).

My interests are: Goats, Homeschooling, Adoptions, Animals of any kind, Reading, Writing, and Healthy living.

I am very glad to have found this site.
    :wahoo:
    Jayne

2. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Welcome Jayne!! You will love it here! The people are so awesome and always willing to help you get through the tough situations which these goats tend to wind up in LOL. :help:

:stars:

Chelsey

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Welcome :wave:

Woo - Hoo babies!!! Would love to see pics!

Glad to have you here!

4. jayne

jayne New Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Thanks for the WELCOME!! I forgot to mention, we also have one ND buck. So we have quite a variety.
    Jayne

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    hi Jayne (my mothers name is jayne with a "Y" also, very pretty name!) nice to have you, here, you can really learn alot!
    katrina

6. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Welcome Jayne!! Nice to have you here!

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    welcome :wave:

noticed you said homeschooling so I have to say that I am a homeschool grad :greengrin:

we are happy you have joined our addicting community as well

8. jayne

jayne New Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Hi, Thanks again for the friendly welcome!
    Katrina, my second daughter's name is Katrina. How funny!
    Yes I home school my youngest four. I love every minute of it. Az ranks 50th in standardized test scores, so when we moved here I figured we probably can't do any worse than public schools, and it has been a great boning opportunity!
    Thanks again,
    Jayne

9. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Welcome to TGS!!!! I have 16 goats with 12 for sale.

10. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Welcome! This is the only place I know that we actually brag about our addictions! Glad you found us.

You know I had my kids "way back when", homeschooling was something "cults" did...I wish I'd checked into it more...I wouldn't have had to fight with so many teachers! I swear they were experiementing on our kids! Luckily (?) Jimmy Carter was President and we couldn't afford to buy a house, so we rented, and when they did something stupid...I moved to a different school district. When they told me they were going to bus my kids (grades 4 and 6) to the "inner city" (it's the 1.5 hours/day on a bus I objected too, not the interracial thing). I told them "no" they said "you have no choice" I said "watch this" so I moved to the school district that bussed the higher age group. Thank you Jimmy Carter (that's about all I can thank him for). Oops sorry, I get carried away sometimes. :GAAH:

11. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Welcome to the Goat Spot!! :wave: