The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!! my name is heather and have been spying on you guys for a few months now, anytime i had a question or just needed a answer for something i would ask old 'google" and it would bring me here. So0o today i thought.....Why not become a member! :ponder: Anyways! so here is a bit about me and my farm.

we live in central Florida been here for about 2 years. just jumped right into "homesteading" trying to produce are own food and i got into dairy goats, up untill about a month ago i had 3 mini's but realized i needed much more milk and wanted larger goats.. then i got a Oberhasli named sandy she is 8 years old and going to kid this up and coming July. i also have a goat named topanga she is a moon spotted nubian i raised her since she was just a few hours old, this past month i ran into some sad looking goats **long long long story which you can read about here if you wish *photos*http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/livestock-forums/goats/487423-long-story-about-how-i-got-some-awesome-girls.html* but long story short i ended up getting 3 registered LaManchas which are all going to be testing in a week or so for CAE. i cant wait to meet some goat lovers! and learn even more about dairy goats! thanks for your time!! :D

How about some photos??
Mammal Goat Grass Terrestrial animal Livestock

After getting clipped
Plant Vertebrate Mammal Working animal Tree

Attachments

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
welcome welcome!!! you have some very pretty goaties.

and yes, you're going to love it here!! i know i do!

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
i just read your long story, and you are those girls' fairy god mother. those hooves were HORRENDOUS! great on you for rescuing them. they look so much happier now. *fingers crossed* they don't have any diseases!

·
Registered
31,494 Posts
welcome from Texas!! Congrats on your beautiful rescue girls...you did good

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey! Deland, Florida isnt to far from me (about 3 hours) am almost right in the middle of the state, i live right outside of lake placid.....Am glad i got the girls we just got my supplies in yesterday for the mastitis and a few other things..right now am trying to get the girls papers transferred over in my name and then i hope by next week to have the blood samples go out....HOPE we are negative!!

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Hey! Deland, Florida isnt to far from me (about 3 hours) am almost right in the middle of the state, i live right outside of lake placid.....Am glad i got the girls we just got my supplies in yesterday for the mastitis and a few other things..right now am trying to get the girls papers transferred over in my name and then i hope by next week to have the blood samples go out....HOPE we are negative!!
Hoping!!!
Lol that is awesome!! I know exactly where lake placid is!!
Are you going to start showing??:) or go to any shows?:)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
am BRAND NEW! to the world of A.D.G.A, i have no idea what to do, or even what some of the marks mean on the girls papers, Lol...i had to call A.D.G.A to ask what a "herd name" was... lol.....i dont know of any shows in Florida, i need someone to fill me in on info...lol....i just got my A.D.G.A members packet the other day...LOTS to read! so i might try to show if i can. it sounds like fun!

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
am BRAND NEW! to the world of A.D.G.A, i have no idea what to do, or even what some of the marks mean on the girls papers, Lol...i had to call A.D.G.A to ask what a "herd name" was... lol.....i dont know of any shows in Florida, i need someone to fill me in on info...lol....i just got my A.D.G.A members packet the other day...LOTS to read! so i might try to show if i can. it sounds like fun!
Well if you want, you can PM me and ill send you my number and send you some of the shows and what to do and stuff(

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
they have been Real troopers!...for not being handled much or fed well. they really are working with me...such sweet girls, i wish they didnt have to live the way they did...but am glad they don't have to Ever be treated like that again

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I feel like such a good detective!!:) lol

Just for fun I was lookin up the original breeder to your girls, to see if I've past by her farm before, and I found the guy you bought your girls from, Dan, on here!!!!:)
He was selling some babies.
Look:)

Product Communication Device Gadget Font Screenshot

White Light Product Azure Font

I know I'm probably realy weird, I just find that REALLY cool:)
It's a small world..

Attachments

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Aww, poor girls!! SOO glad they are in your care.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
when i asked the guy about some History on them, like "what happen?" something about he had a roommate that was into it. and i guess they made a go of it...but...Years went on. they slowly just because yard pets...he seemed "Sorry" he knew he was in the wrong on how the care was for the goats...Unlike that care taker....kept....swearing up and down that he clips there hoofs every 2 weeks and so on

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Welcome from N. Florida!! That's wonderful of you to take in the poor girls!! :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts