The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
haven't been on in awhile thought I would drop in and say hi. :) Love my goats only have two. The nubian has been sick since I got her, on and off ,and right now is great, no issues with either the nubian or seinen. Opps might have spelled that wrong but to lazy to look it up. The nubian lost one of her udders to ganggreen mastitis last year. The vets around here don't know that much about goats so I contacted a woman online who is on the west coast and she was great got me through all the sickness each time. I couldn't do without her and she was so great had me call her no matter what time of day or night. We used all natural stuff from GNC and penicillian which I had to learn how to inject UGH!!!! This spring same goat came down with something I still don't know what long haul but we are good now. I had a vet look at her cause the seinen was running a temp and I panicked. She was fine but the same day had the vet trim hooves as nubian was limping well for three months she walked on her knees. Tried penicillian and LA 200 nothing worked. Sometime in that month I started using iodine on her hooves and trimming slightly every other day. We are walking on all fours now and jumping and playing again. Guess this is a crap shoot when it comes to figuring it out but I am so happy they are healthy right now. Life is good!!!!:D So Hi to everyone from CT and hoping all your goats are healthy and happy.

·
Registered
30,585 Posts
welcome :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. - I'm also from CT and getting educated so I can get some pygmy goats in the spring....finding a farm to look at or purchase pygmys from is proving tricky in CT. Any ideas?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry just read your post from November wow how did I miss that. Hope you found a farm to get goats at. I really don't know any. I'm actually looking to add a couple of kids to my pack of two goats. My two act like big dogs or my black lab acts like a goat I'm not sure, so I want to raise from kids and make them friendly. So good luck and sorry I missed this

Sent from my iPad using Goat Forum

·
Registered
11,199 Posts
I'm from Connecticut as well! Not sure which side you are on, but if you are in eastern Connecticut then Green Valley Veterinary Service (Dr. Dennis) is a lovely person and a good goat vet. I know this information is late, but just so you have it on hand!

Also - if you are looking for goats and are on Facebook, I recommend you join two groups: CT Goat Owners and CT Swap And Sell Agriculture
You can post in those groups what you are looking for and will get a ton of options! You will have to weed through to find a knowledgeable breeder with a disease free/tested herd but its a start!

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
What kind of goats are you looking for? Depending where in CT you are, I know someone selling some goats in NY :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was thinking more on the lines of a wool goat. Before I got the two rescues I gave I had contacted a woman out in Oregon who had these special wool goats but I'm not stuck on that. Just want to start from babies as mine are so sweet and I have no behavior problems. I have a Nubian and a saanen. They are like big dogs and follow me everywhere. So I am kinda open

1 - 14 of 14 Posts