The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is Bob, and am totally new at raising goats. I just bought three kiko/boer/Savanna mix. I think they're more Boer than anything, at least that's what the woman I bought them from told me.
My buddy Joe talked me into buying them, mainly because of the cost, $125 a piece, I bought three, and also as a prep food/milk suppler. I was brought up on a farm, mostly chickens, geese, and fruit production. It was my grandparents farm, but we lived two houses down, and during the summer, all my cousins, aunts, and uncles would be here to help with harvesting. These are some of the best memories that I have. Well mom just past away two months ago, dad, a year ago, and now I have the farm. Mom and Pop couldn't keep it up, I would do the up keep dad needed done, and a few things, that I wanted to do. Trim grape vines, prune apple trees etc.
Now I have goats, and fruit trees that need serious work to get them to produce good fruit again. I figure this will be one of the best things I can do for my grandchildren. Two boys, one five, one a year and a half. The oldest is in charge of helping me with chores for the goats. Just like I had to do with the chickens and geese. Shoveling chicken crap, and spreading it with the manure spreader. I figure the goat droppings will be wonderful for my garden also. Ok so that's how I found this site.
Personally, I'm a hardcore biker, chef, politically incorrect deplorable. I'm married, two daughters that were my adorable wife's kids, I fell in love with the whole package. Two grandsons, one older brother, and lots of cousins, nephews, nieces. I'm 59 yo, just had back surgery in October and this is the first time since 86 that I haven't been in excruciating pain so I'm taking full advantage of it. Thats me in a nut shell, speaking of nuts, my work mates call me crazy Bob, I'm also know as Frankenbiker, and my wife has a whole slew of names she calls me.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Reactions: elvis&oliver

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Welcome from me as well! May we add Goat Lover to your names? :) The apple branches will be nice for them to gnaw on. Are they grown up?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Welcome to the group and welcome to being a goat dad. It sounds like you’re going to have fun and so will your grandchildren:bighug:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts