Hi from Indiana

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by lilbird, Apr 18, 2008.

1. lilbird

lilbird New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Hello everyone,
    Just signed on a few weeks ago and now thought it was time to introduce myself. I live just outside indianapolis. We raise Buffalo and Elk and then I have my goats and chickens. I had to have my little pets as the buffalo/elk wouldnt let me love on them. I have nigerian dwarf think maybe a little crossed with pgymy but I'm new to this. Last year we had a miserable kidding season....mostly dec/jan and being new to this we lost all but two babies. This year has been much better!!! I'm learning everyday and NOT making the same mistakes anyway!!! My doe from last year cinnie gave me beautiful twins (cupid and amorie') born feb 12th, xenia from dec/06 gave me Juli (juliet) on valentines day!! Boots from 4/07 gave me BeBe on 4/2/08 she is a twin to her Mom...same personality and markings. I'm now trying to get more with nigerian and hopefully some blue eyes!!!
    As for the Buffalo, we sell the meat...mainly at the farmers markets during season...I love meeting people!! I think it and the goats are my mental health!! The biggest thing/joke is...I lived in chicago until I was 30 something....now I live/love farming!!! Thanks for letting me rattle
    :hug:
    Jill

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Jill, Welcome aboard :wave: :wave: . Wow sounds like you are one very busy lady with those Buffalo and Elk. WOW.

Congratulations, on your successful kidding season this year. It is hard to lose so many babies your first year, but like you said as long as you learn form it that is what we ALL need to do with it.
    We would love to see some pictures of all you animals. As I am sure you can tell we all love pictures.

I think I have said it before. I do believe that the people in In, are some of the nicest people in the US. I just loved it when I lived there, I was only there for about 5 months but it was wonderful.

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Welcome to the Goat Spot!! Glad to have you :) :wave:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  5. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Welcome Jill! I used to live in Indiana...a little over 5 years ago. I lived there until I was almost 16 years old. I was born in Indianapolis though.

I raise Myotonics/fainters, unreg. kiko crosses, and boer crosses.

6. lilbird

lilbird New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Thanks everyone!! :)

7. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    :wave: welcome 2 the site :leap: