hi from Michigan

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by minigi, Jan 27, 2008.

1. minigi

minigi New Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Hi! I'm pretty new to goats. I decided to get into goats after I had a bad horse accident and required surgery and plates and pins to repair my shoulder. Goats are much smaller and safer! I have had my two does since last May or so and have since fallen in love with my little nigerians and have bought another beautiful mama with two babies. The babies are now about 7-8 months old and a nice buck. I live in a small area where getting a buck to service my does is very difficult, so I took the plunge and bought one. Now he's my hubby's favorite goat. He's the sweetest buck. Hopefully, my three does took to him and we will be having babies in May. Can't wait. I'm hoping to not run into any issues with the birthings. Besides goats, I have two sons, one almost 4 years and my youngest just turned one. And we're expecting another baby early May. I'm a registered nurse and I enjoy reading, cooking/baking, making things with goat milk, exercise, nature and just life in general. Since I'm expecting in May and these are our first babies I'm thing of letting my does dam raise the babies and then start milking them 6-8 weeks after they're born. Hubby is getting the milking machine ready since his hands are too big to milk. He just doesn't have the knack for it. I used to belong to goatweb and found that site very helpful. And since I am such a big worrier I am glad to find another site that seems just as open and welcoming. Thanks! Mary

2. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Welcome good to have you here!!! I am sure everything will go well with the upcoming kiddings =)

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    congratulations on your upcoming child, that is very exciting. :dance:

Welcome to The Goat Spot thanks for sharing a little about yourself.

My girls are also due in May so we will be waiting together. :baby:

4. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Welcome to TGS!My does aren't due till late June/early July.

5. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
  6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Hey, Welcome aboard Mary. glad you could find us here.
    Congratulations on you addition, (human), and the goats. I believe it was Stacy that use to say "goats are like Potato Chips, you can not have just one".
    See you have fallen into the bag of goats. :wink:
    Sorry to hear about the horse accident. Hope you are all recovered.

7. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Welcome Mary Congrats on the new babies the two and four legged kind!
    Glad to have you here!
    beth

8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Welcome to the Goat Spot!!

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Lori I think it was someone else but I totaly agree with the statement ;)

mom put a limit of 2 goats - I have 7 :slapfloor: (mom and I are still on speaking terms thankfully ;) )