The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Rebecca. I'm from NC. My fiance, Joshua, and I have 5 children. We started with rabbits and chickens and I just got my 1st bottle baby, a 2 week old Alpine cross this past Sunday. His name is Gordon, "Gordy" for short. He is very, very spoiled. He loves to snuggle up in my lap every night and go to sleep. We are planning on getting a few more but we are planning on getting another bottle baby first so that Gordy has a friend.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Welcome!
Congratulations on your journey into the crazy world of goat parenting.
Yes, get him a goat friend asap. Goats need to be in a herd, even if it's a herd of two.
Have fun browsing the forum we have a lot of great threads to help you out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome! Gordy is such a sweet little guy and hes such a cuddler. I'm hoping to find him a little friend soon. We are going to the local flock swap this weekend and hopefully we will find him one there.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Welcome! He sees you as his Momma, you are giving him milk, right? Where else is there more security for falling asleep than in Mommas lap? :inlove: Another bottle baby will probably think the same, so you will end up with 2 cuddlers. As long as you like that, it is very much all right, and do take advantage of the opportunity to house train them, that might come out handy later on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts