Hi from North Missouri

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Casi, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Casi

Casi New Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Hi,
    I'm new to this board. I posted some on another board when I got my first goats. I have 3 now and we have kind of been on auto-pilot the past few months. They are doing great. This will be my first Winter with them and they are still all under the age of 1. I can't tell you how much pleasure I have gotten from them. They are so precious to me. I can spend hours just watching them. I loved the pictures posted for the picture contest. I have a new camera so I will have to post some of my kids too. It's ugly Winter here right now and they are in full fluff! Have a quality day! :stars:

2. rkalgren

rkalgren New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Falls Creek, PA
    Welcome to the board.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Welcome you were on Julie's goattalk I think -- we merged :)

we love pictures so that would be awesome!

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome to The Goat Spot. :wave:

What kind of goats do you have?

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Welcome from Idaho :wave:

Can't wait to see pics!

6. Casi

Casi New Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Yes, I used to post on Julie's site when I was trying to figure out what I needed to do as I never had goats before, just horses and dogs.

My first goat was Princess, who I believe is a Nigerian Dwarf. I soon learned that you can't have just one goat so next was Whitey, a Pygmy. Then late summer I was at a horse auction and I heard a familiar sound which I sought out and discovered Little Prince tied up in a horse stall. He was bleating and bleating until I came in and pet him. I was bound and determined I was not going to be outbid. I saved him from being bought by a family where he was going to be the object for their little boy to learn how to rope! Prince was the spitting image of Princess and the auctioneer seemed to think they were from the same litter which I find hard to believe because he is half the size of her. Both my guys are wethers, by the way.

Princess is mean to Prince and Whitey pretends to be but they are buddies. Prince is so funny when he discovers while they are out and about looking for something to get into, that he has lost the other two. He starts calling for them and usually will come and find me to help him. Whitey is a loud mouth considering his size. He can holler louder than the other two and it sounds just like he is saying "MOM, MOM!"
    I tried to upload some pictures but it says my files are too big. Any suggestions on how to make them smaller?
    Like I said, I have a new camera and I probably have the setting too big.

Thanks

7. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Hi from idaho! :wave: welcome to TGS!

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Are you trying to upload the pictures from Photo bucket? If not that is the easiest way I have found to do it.

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    welcome....Casi.....from California... :wave:

10. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Welcome!! Glad you joined!

11. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Welcome from PA!!! *waves* I am a goat nut like everyone else here but I only have one goat for now. Pancakes.

12. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Welcome to the goat spot! :wave:

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    if you cant figure out photobucket.com just email the pics to me stacey.roop@gmail.com and I will resize and send back. :)

14. creaturesall

creaturesall New Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Langdon, AB Canada
    A Great Big Canadian :wave: "WELCOME!!" :wave: to the Goat Spot Casi.

15. Casi

Casi New Member

Dec 9, 2008
    I just checked out the Photobucket.com. How do you use it? Do I do something to the pictures there and then download them back to my computer or do I just link to there when I post? Looks pretty interesting. My DH would kill me if I find another way to spend time on the computer!

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yes you upload and then paste the link here. Use the URL if you dont resize. If you do resize (in photobuck) you can use the IMG code to paste here.

17. Iwantgoats

Iwantgoats New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Missouri
    Welcome from one fellow Missourian to another, only this Missourian wishes she had goats. :roll: Maybe this spring I will have a few too :greengrin:

18. Casi

Casi New Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Welll, here is my first try at showing you my kids. Don't know how the pictures will turn out!

[attachment=2:2yxorc61]Little Whitey.JPG[/attachment:2yxorc61]

[attachment=1:2yxorc61]Little Prince.JPG[/attachment:2yxorc61]

[attachment=0:2yxorc61]Princess and Whitey!.JPG[/attachment:2yxorc61]

19. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    O my Casi...your boys are so cute!

20. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    What adorable goats you have there. Congratulations.