The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, my name is Shari and we're in Sherwood, Texas. We recently became goat owners; we have 7 Nubians (6 does, 1 buck). Oh, and 5 kids! Two of our does kidded (?) last week and there were a set of triplets and a set of twins. We're not new to livestock, we have horses & I raise chickens but these are the first goats we've ever been around. Thankfully, the woman that had them before us gentled them quite nicely. They're a real pleasure to be around! One of the triplets (a doe) was quite tiny at birth so I've been supplementing her with Doe Match at least twice a day. She's a little fighter and still nurses from her mom but I wanted to make sure she gets plenty. We have at least 2 more does getting ready to kid but it may very well be that all six were bred. Time will tell. Truth be told, I didn't know I was going to be owning these goats or I would have paid more attention to the breeding going on (or not going on, as the case may be...lol) I've been hanging on every word here; so much good information!

· Registered
8,603 Posts
Welcome to TGS Shari! Glad to have you here :D

· Super Moderator
36,683 Posts
welcome from Central Texas

· Registered
107 Posts
Trying to figure how to post a question I have a 7 month old wether who feels fine peeing ok eyes are a dark pink eating and and drinking fine has had diarrhea but that's pretty much gone away it's now long formed I can't get the log formed poop to clear up were giving her probiotics and a little cup of baking soda every day what else can I do for him

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No one is going to see your post here; this is an introductory post. Go to the main forum, then go to one of the topics (perhaps one about health) and at the top is a button that says "post new thread". Post your question on your new thread. Piggybacking on an established thread won't get you very far, I'm thinking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.