The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I'm kind of new to this goat stuff but I seen this big guy for sell down the street from my house and I bought him for $160 buks..but now I just want to know what kind of goat is he??? Lol and was it a good buy?

Goat Goat-antelope Terrestrial animal Working animal Snout

Goat Goat-antelope Horn Natural material Terrestrial animal

Fence Tree Plant Carnivore Dog breed

Attachments

·
4-H Secretary for Life ^.^
985 Posts
My guess is Kiko/Boer Cross. The horns are certainly Kiko, but the roman nose is Boer.
Probably right, Kikos don't have that profile. But the horns are fabulous, probably a cross. The owner would know. One of the first things to do when you want a goat is- do your homework. Then once you buy, ask to see everything. Registration papers (if any), vaccine records, worming records, date of birth, breed, mother, father, etc. Sorry if I got carried away.:doh: I agree with Glockowner, probably a Kiko/Boer cross.:p

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
He's a whole lot prettier than kikos here! I say Savanna as well but he very well could be a kiko/boer cross.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you so much for all the info I'm in love with this guy I named him BIG JOHN I just finished up making a nice goat pin about $1500 Bucks my wife isnt to happy. But hay its my new hobby. I'm hoping to get some nice kids off of him. I will take better pictures this weekend for you guys.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
You will for sure! He's gorgeous :love: He is definitely very meaty, but his price says that he is probably a crossbred. I would say Savanna/Boer :)

·
1,524 Posts
I would guess a Boki of some sort also. I thought the Savanna goats had horns like the Boers, since the Boers figure so heavily in their origins.

Whatever he is...he is GORGEOUS! And what a price! Holy Cow! You are off to a wonderful start on your new hobby!

·
Registered
31,401 Posts
I say Savanna...and wow he is one handsome dude!!!..a steal indeed....

I would add he will improve your hobbie ten fold...very well kept too...nice you dont have to first build him up;)

·
Goat Lover
386 Posts
Wow! Just wow! He looks amazing!... And those horns are astonishing! He was a steal for $160. He is so meaty and full! I sure hope he isn't a trouble maker, that's the only way I'd sell a buck like that for that price. I'm not familiar with Savannas or Kikos so I can't help you with that, but I can drool over him and tell you how jealous I am of you! You'll have a wonderful time with goats and they'll change your world. The Goat Spot is an amazing website full of knowledgeable people that have been dealing with goats for many years, they always have the answers your looking for. So welcome to TGS and congrats on that amazing buck! I can't wait for more pictures!

·
730 Posts
Id guess Savanna/Boer! Very Healthy looking Buck you have there! Since your new to goats..>> PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, AND STUDY UP ON BUCKS When They go into "RUT"! Please be careful with that BIG BOY! DONT EVER LOSE RESPECT FOR HIM!
CONGRATS!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts