The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there my name is Brittney. I am new to this site and I have five goats currently. I don't know much about raising goats I've had my two weathers for almost 6 months I just acquired a beautiful buck and to pregnant dose which means I'm going to be having some kids soon. I am in need of some advice tips help etc!!
I love coming on this site and reading what everyone has to say I'm just now figuring out how to post Fred's I've made a post also about help with the food regimen for my goats because I don't know how much grain to feed each of them since I have all three types dos brothers and a buck any help would be really appreciated thank you so much

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hello Brittney and welcome to The Goat Spot! My advise would be to read as much as possible! Fiasco Farms is a good place to get info on prenatal care, birthing problems and solutions, and postnatal care. This place has a ton of information too on every imaginable problem. Just remember that people tend to come here BECAUSE they have a problem, so just because your whether winked at you doesn’t mean he definitely has a tumor above his left eyeball. I would also suggest getting a relationship with a good, goat friendly vet. When you need them, they are invaluable.
When you have questions here, give as much relevant information as is possible: weight, age, diet, temperature, anything different you may have notice recently, and so forth. The more information, the less questions need to be asked and the quicker these wonderful people can help find a solution. Good luck Goating!

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,601 Posts
:hi:
We would love to help you with any of your questions. It's really easy to learn a ton of stuff on this website. I've only had goats for a year and I have learned a TON!

:groupwelcome:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello Brittney and welcome to The Goat Spot! My advise would be to read as much as possible! Fiasco Farms is a good place to get info on prenatal care, birthing problems and solutions, and postnatal care. This place has a ton of information too on every imaginable problem. Just remember that people tend to come here BECAUSE they have a problem, so just because your whether winked at you doesn't mean he definitely has a tumor above his left eyeball. I would also suggest getting a relationship with a good, goat friendly vet. When you need them, they are invaluable.
When you have questions here, give as much relevant information as is possible: weight, age, diet, temperature, anything different you may have notice recently, and so forth. The more information, the less questions need to be asked and the quicker these wonderful people can help find a solution. Good luck Goating!
Hello Brittney and welcome to The Goat Spot! My advise would be to read as much as possible! Fiasco Farms is a good place to get info on prenatal care, birthing problems and solutions, and postnatal care. This place has a ton of information too on every imaginable problem. Just remember that people tend to come here BECAUSE they have a problem, so just because your whether winked at you doesn't mean he definitely has a tumor above his left eyeball. I would also suggest getting a relationship with a good, goat friendly vet. When you need them, they are invaluable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Chelsea!!!
I really appreciate it!! I'll get spme pictures and more specifics about them soon!

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Welcome from an old woman in Northern Europe as well! :) I may add my mantra perhaps? Goats are originally bush eating animals from the mountains, and need twigs and leaves in their diet. This keeps their rumen healthy. Non-toxic, of course, see what you can get and ask the knowledgeable people here!

So, your does are bred, are they? Do you know more exactly when? A reliable date is a great help. While waiting, try to make them see you as their best friend, also read about all kinds of delivery problems, and when the time gets closer, sit down and support them when they groan, and remember:

Most deliveries pass unassisted. Around 99 out of 100 will be without any problems. But, we do not know which one will be the number 100, that is why we check all the 99 times as well, enjoying this great Wonder Of Life. And try to find out which kind of a doe you have right there, a "hold-my-hoof - doe" or a "let-me-concentrate-on-this-job, - get away stupid human --doe. This can change several times during the same delivery!! A camera will be a good help, especially if it takes up sounds as well.

Good luck with your goats, and, again, WELCOME!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts