Hi..New from NY

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by foxyk91, Apr 21, 2010.

1. foxyk91

foxyk91 New Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Hi..My name is Karen & we live in Upstate NY where we raise miniature horses & llamas. We also do foster care for high risk teens. Our animals have been wonderful for our kids. I'm looking to add my own herd of Nigererian dwarf goats to our farm. I have been doing a lot of research on them, but still have so much to learn. I'm wanting to show, breed & Milk. I'm having a hard time finding breeders in NY & also any info on shows that may be close by this year. If you can point me in the right direction...it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks...Karen

2. Gumtree

Gumtree Lurking Aussie

Aug 15, 2009
    S.E. Qld Australia
    welcome from australia :)

3. maple hill farm tina

maple hill farm tina Senior Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Rich Patch, Virginia
    Hi, from West Virginia!
    We also raise Nigerian Dwarf goats, and we LOVE them. We don't show, so I can't help you with that, but we do milk. Any questions you have that I can answer on that, I'd be glad to. I'm also a middle school teacher, and I see a lot of foster kids here who don't have anyone in their lives who can be a mentor for them. So huge, huge kudos to you for what you're doing there. :hi5:
    The Nigerian Dwarf Goat Association website has a member listing. You could look there for breeders in your area.
    So, welcome!, This site has SO much information on it. We love it.
    -Tina

4. nutmegfarm

nutmegfarm New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    NE Ohio
    Hello & welcome from NE Ohio!! :wave:

5. Tyler

Tyler New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Central Illinois
    Howdy from central Illinois! Welcome to the forum! =)

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Hello Karen :wave: Welcome to the goat spot. So glad you are here.

Sounds like you are a very busty person, and is also sounds like you have a very big heart. :angel: It takes a lot to do what you do with troubled teens. Because of you they might become a WONDERFUL person, as most people would just shove them away but all they were just looking for someone to love them. :hug:

There are LOTS of people here with Nigi's so you came to the right place. :stars:

7. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Hello and welcome to TGS! :wave:

I'm from MA, dunno where you are in NY, but I've got some nice goaties for sale. ND's too. ;)

There is a buck show in Altamont,(sp) NY on may 1st. You can also try looking on the ADGA website for shows in NY. :)

8. shadycreekgoats

shadycreekgoats New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Welcome to TGS!!! :stars:

As to breeders in your area, Ashley (aka Runaround), Stacey, & Proctor hill are all in your area. I think Ashley & Proctor hill are in MA.

Glad you joined!!! :)

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome ...so happy you are here.... :greengrin: :wave:

10. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
  11. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    Welcome from eastern Ohio! :wave: My husband and I are foster parents also, but we usually have some of the "under 12" kids. So glad you joined here - it's a GREAT place to be!

12. foxyk91

foxyk91 New Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Thank you all for the warm welcome! I truly think I'm going to like it here. There seems to be a wonderful group of people on here.

Thanks again...Karen

13. Realfoodmama

Realfoodmama New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Santa Fe, NM
    Welcome from NM! Kudos for your work with foster kids. It's great to see people with such big hearts!

:thumb:

14. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Hi from Alabama :leap:

Gina