Hi new goat owner ty for letting join the group

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Cotton, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Cotton

Cotton New Member

Apr 18, 2020
    Mount airy nc 27030
    I got 2 babies at the auction
    No idea age or breed but they are such a joy one day they will not be scared of me lol.. Working on it... IMG_20200414_191003.jpg

2. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Congratulations..they are adorable

3. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

4. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Hey new baby momma

5. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

:hi:Welcome to our forum! We love new members. How much do you know about owning goats? There's a lot to learn so if you are completely new I would highly recommend reading up on all the points of their care. I know too that sometimes auction babies can have some issues. (Doesn't mean always, but they can). I would get a fecal done if you haven't so you can tell if they are having any parasites to deal with. If there is one thing you have got to stay on top with it is parasites.

If you ever have any questions don't hesitate to ask. That's what we're here for! Good luck with your new babies. They look adorable! :)

6. CaramelKittey

CaramelKittey Well-Known Member

:groupwelcome:
    Welcome to The Goat Spot!!!:wave:
    Those sweet babies look like Nubian goats. Possibly a Nubian mix. They are super cute! (thumbup)
    Feel free to ask as many questions as you need--even if you think they are silly. ;)
    There are no silly questions in goats. Every question is work asking. :happygoat:

Moers kiko boars and happybleats like this.
  7. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    I was thinking alpine nubian maybe..or if they are tiny..maybe a little pygmy crossed with nubian? They sure are cute. Are they boys or girls?

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    They are cute.

I agree, get fecal for worms and cocci just in case.
    Stress can trigger them both.

Have out free choice loose minerals.
    Tractor supply has wind and rain, do not get the one with fly control though.

What are you feeding them and are they does, bucks or wethers?

9. TexasGoatMan

TexasGoatMan Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Dekalb, Texas
    Cute goats but so is their owner ! Now as for the breed, looks like some Nubian blood crossed with ???? Hey Cotton, as long as you are happy with them, that all that counts, the breed doesn't. And yes there are no stupid question so ask away if you have one or a bunch. There are some good folks on this site with lots of experience with goats. Hope you enjoy your goats and welcome to this site.