Hi! Please let me introduce myself...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by LouLou, Mar 13, 2009.

1. LouLou

LouLou New Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Wellington, CO
    Hi, I'm LouLou and I'm obviously new to this site. sweetgoats got me interested. I'm in Wellington, Colorado - north of Fort Collins and south of Cheyenne, Wyoming (where I work full-time in a law firm). I don't think I really qualify as a "goat person" since I've only had my two cashmere goats, Esther and Mona, since last July. I bought them from my local goat lady, Loni Malmberg, for weedeating purposes. Of course, they prefer tree leaves, grass and maybe the occasional thistle! I plan to attend the Weld County Goat Extravaganza next month. I'm interested in breeding my girls and will need help and information on who to talk to, where to go, how to begin! I did my first combing of their fiber last weekend - but only a little - they are a bit for me to handle since I'm such a neophyte. I love looking at all the pictures on this site - the goats are adorable. well, just saying hi to everyone and introducing myself . I look forward to conversations and learning more. Thank you for letting me join. :wave:
  2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I am so glad you are here. :wave: I promise you, this is the best place for anything goat related. OK, how about anything just fun related.

Everyone her is wonderful and so very helpful. I am so exited to meet you next month. :hug:

Do not get discouraged if the fiber does not come out just yet. It will when it is ready. I know a lot of people around here that has not even started to comb their goats.

3. LouLou

LouLou New Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Wellington, CO
    I should have put my real name I guess, like you do and just say LouLou is my web name. Next time! Your goats are beautiful. My Mona is pretty special, too. Interesting thing I noticed when combing them, Mona's top coat was very curly with soft underhairs and Esther's was straight and sort of wiry, but she still had the soft stuff underneath. This will be fun and it's sort of nice to have something not at all related to my job or "other" life. Lynda
  4. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Welcome to The Goat Spot Lynda! So glad to have you with us. :wave:
  5. LouLou

LouLou New Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Wellington, CO
    I'll have to get some good pictures of my girls and share them, too! Thanks for making me feel welcome.
  6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    we would love to see pics.... :greengrin: ..A very merry welcome... :wave: ....I am so glad you joined ...fell free.. to ask questions... if they arise..... :thumbup:
  7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome LouLou, glad you joined !!! Lori's right...lots of info on ANYTHING goat related, but we do like to hav fun as well!
  8. deenak

deenak New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Ames Iowa
    Welcome Lynda the people on this site are all very helpful. Don't be shy about questions!!
  9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    not everyone uses their real names but some do, depends on the person.

Welcome :cool:
  10. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Welcome from AL! :wave: Feel free to jump right in and start posting :wink:
  11. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Welcome :wave: and we look forward to your pics. All around fun here for sure!
  12. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Welcome Lou Lou from Idaho :wave:

Sorry that I am a couple days late - story of my life lately - but we are so glad to have you here!!! :leap:
  13. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Hello from Holmes County, Ohio!
  14. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Hi From TN.!!! :wave:
  15. rgbdab

rgbdab New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    welcome from Texas!
  16. Nublyans

Nublyans New Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Welcome from Canada, :wave:

I too am new to this site a little over a week ago ,they are very helpful with everything.. :thumb: ...
  17. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Lynda, I told you everyone here was GREAT.
  18. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
  19. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Hiya from PA :wave: I am the proud owner of 2 goats also but work with a lot more. :wahoo:

Welcome to your newest adiction. There is no cure and it only gets worse! I have a feeling you will have more goats soon!!!

PICTURES we need pictures!!!!! :type: :leap: :clap: