Hi -- This is a cool website --

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by CountryGalwGoats, Sep 21, 2008.

1. CountryGalwGoats

CountryGalwGoats Guest

Sep 19, 2008
    I am already enjoying the different topics! I am in Louisiana, love goats, and am looking forward to being a member here. I can't add my avatar yet, or signature, but have some pics as soon as I learn how. Yeah for goats! :thumb:

2. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Hi and welcome to TGS! Glad you like it hear Stacy ( Administrator) and the mods work very hard. Do you own goats or are you just interested in them?

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    CountryGalwGoats............ howdy and welcome :wave: to goatspot, you will love the people and if you ever have any questions..............feel free to ask............. :thumbup:

4. CountryGalwGoats

CountryGalwGoats Guest

Sep 19, 2008
    I have Lucy (2 1/2), a black and white Nubian;
    her daughter, Lucille (1 1/2), a black and white and brown spotted Nubian;
    another Nubian, Martha (6 months old);
    an Alpine (2 1/2), I just got her about three weeks ago, her name is Lizzy and she is my milker right now;
    also another alpine, 9 months old, Salina, and she is being bred right now.
    They are all adorable!

5. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I always loved the nubian ears. We usedd to raise dairies before we went to pygmies and then to Boers. Were you affected by the hurricanes?

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Hello from Idaho. :wave:

What part of Louisiana are you in. My children live in Bossier City. I used to live in Pass Christian, MS.

You will enjoy it here - we have alot of fun!

7. CountryGalwGoats

CountryGalwGoats Guest

Sep 19, 2008
    I live in the extreme north part of Louisiana, almost at the Arkansas line. We were not directly hit by the hurricanes, but the last two this year took out our power and brought some trees down around us. Luckily the power was off at the most 12 hours, and I did not lose all the vegetables that I put up this year. I keep telling my husband we need to go ahead and get a generator just for this.

Bossier City is not too far from here, about an hour and a half drive.

How do I add a picture to the message, and how do I add one to signature and avatar?

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome,Welcome, and welcome. :wave: Glad you are here and it sound like you have quite a herd going.
    As I am sure you have seen, we love pictures so we will be looking forward to seeing them.

I lived in Leesville for a while when my DH was in the military. I LOVED it in LA and that food is to die for.

So how long have you had goats?

9. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    It's good to hear that you weren't severely affected. We were out of power 4 days in IN just from the winds we got! You can use pics off of your photobucket account if you have one. To put it in your signature you use the link to the image and paste it in your signature box provided..To put it in your avatar you do the same thing, copy the images link and them paste it is the box provided them you have to type in the dimensions you want it but there is a limit.I think it is 100 by 100 but I'm not sure.To get to where you can edit your signature and avatar to do this you go to the user control panel towards the top of the page. Click on it and then on the left there will be a panel of options click on edit sinature or avatar depending on what you want to change. Does that help? If not I understand if your going like this :? and feeling like this :ZZZ: . Because I stink at explaining things :oops: .

10. CountryGalwGoats

CountryGalwGoats Guest

Sep 19, 2008
    Okay, I've almost got it, I think. I have my picture posted on photobucket. Now, which thing do I press below my picture to copy it to this site?

11. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Welcome!!! :wave: Glad to have you here!!!

12. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you want teh IMG code to use in you signature. Please try to keep it small though as it takes up viewing space (space on the forum isnt the issue).

As to your avatar that is a little more tricky but you can use a photobucket link for that to. IF you cant figure it out email me [email protected] I do belive it is the IMG code as well for that but put it in the second slot for off site hosting for your avatar. or if you need help resizing contact me I can resize and send it back or add it to your user name

13. CountryGalwGoats

CountryGalwGoats Guest

Sep 19, 2008
    Thanks Stacey. [​IMG]
    This is the pic. I still need help, I appreciate your time.

14. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    with what? you got it posted :D

15. CountryGalwGoats

CountryGalwGoats Guest

Sep 19, 2008
    Haaaaa! I sure got a BIG pic posted, didn't I? Now how to size it down? I'm sorry I'm so computer illiterate! :slapfloor: At least you get to see my babies that I wanted to post.

I love everyone's welcomes! Thank you all!

16. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    WELCOME!!!! Lucille is so beautiful!!!! I love the spots!

17. CountryGalwGoats

CountryGalwGoats Guest

Sep 19, 2008
    Thank you, she has those "very wanted" moonspots. I think she's pretty. She's grown up now, if I can figure out how to get my pics smaller, I'll post them. You wouldn't believe the problems I've had with Lucy this year. She was completely down for over a month, but she is actually walking again! I love her!

18. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    What in the world was wrong with Lucy? I'm glad she's OK now!

19. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    welcome to tgs....those are some very beautiful goats

20. CountryGalwGoats

CountryGalwGoats Guest

Sep 19, 2008
    You all make me feel so welcome! Thanks!

Last year Lucy was attacked by a dog. We've been working with her since. You can read all about it in my website, http://www.EnjoyCountryLife.blogspot.com if you want. She's doing so well now!! Everyone around here says that pure love brought her back. Even my vet can't believe how well she's doing!