Hi!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kornhypknotic, May 16, 2009.

1. kornhypknotic

kornhypknotic New Member

May 14, 2009
    Waco, TX
    Hello! I'm Jess and I am an extreme newbie to the goat world. I began work at the World Hunger Relief farm in Waco, TX as the livestock intern this past fall. I'm in charge of managing our raw goat milk dairy, free-range laying hens, grass-fed beef, and pastured turkeys. The goats are my favorites though . . . I have really loved working with them. We have primarily Saanens with some Nubian and Alpine mixes. They are the sweetest things ever! After caring for and learning about these goats I feel as though I never want to do anything else ever again!

We are well into kidding season this year and I'm practically swimming in placenta and baby goats :p! I haven't drank this much coffee before . . . even in college!! :coffee2: And I love it!!! :stars:

I'm so happy to find a forum all about goat stuff (especially the vet stuff . . . I have a feeling I will be frequenting that place regularly :wink:)! I hope you all will bear with me as I will probably ask a ton of questions and probably post a few too many baby goat pix, lol! :greengrin:

I look forward to learning more about you all and also learning more about my caprine buddies! :grouphug:

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    welcome...Jess.... :wave: so happy you are here ....that is very sweet that you are working for World Hunger Relief.......I admire and respect you for doing that....... :hug:

Feel free to ask questions......we will be glad to help........we love pics by the way.... :wink: :)

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    There's no such thing!! :love: :love:

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome Jess :wave: , glad you joined us. Sounds like you are really busy and enjoying it.

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome to TGS!!!!
    Great that you are working for such a wonderful cause and it's great that goaties are being recognized as food producers.

Ask all the questions you want, our "vetting" services to our goats is thru many years of experience as well as research, we can do our best to help in a crisis.

And I agree with Runaround....theres no such thing as too many baby pics :wink:

6. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
  7. kornhypknotic

kornhypknotic New Member

May 14, 2009
    Waco, TX
    Thanks everyone!! :hugs: Now I just have to figure out how to post all those cute baby goat pix on here :shrug: I guess I need a photobucket thing, eh? :roll:

8. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    That does make it easier! :wink:
    Welcome to TGS by the way...I completely missed this post

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  10. kornhypknotic

kornhypknotic New Member

May 14, 2009
    Waco, TX
    Sweet!! :thumb: Thanks StaceyRoop! I'll check that out sometime soon . . . right now it's milkin' time :greengrin:

11. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Welcome fellow TEXAN!!!!!! I was born and raised in Fort Worth, moved to Indiana 5yrs ago.......my whole family is still down there. I have a sister in Roundrock.....Where did you go to school? Sounds like you have a great rewarding career, busy and fast pace I'm sure!
    You will find this site sooooo valuable!

:wave: WELCOME JESS ! :wave:

12. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    WELCOME to TGS!!!!!! :stars:

13. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

OK, Jess, I know you are not STILL milking.

We Want Pictures. :thumbup: :stars:

14. shadycreekgoats

shadycreekgoats New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Welcome to TGS!!! :stars: I'm sure you'll like it here! :)