The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6,946 Posts
Hi,
You plan sounds great, I am new new goat mummy, living in UK.
Only had kids two weeks, they are nearly trained to pee pee in sand trays, Iam bit obsessed cleaning up berries, sad I know, but trying to keep stable and paddocks clean.
I don't know how to post a new question on this forum, any help
Welcome!
Go to "Forums", scroll down to find a forum that fits your topic, e.g. "goat management", click on it and then click on "post new thread".

· Registered
6,946 Posts
Hi, thanks, I just getting bit more confident in hoof trimming, but taking it slow, as not sure if doing it right by the book !, don't want to cause them lameness.
Not sure about trimming heal much yet either
Taking it slow with the hooves is a good way to do it. That way you and the goats are getting used to it. You want the hoof bottom to be flat when you are done. All it is is experience, you will get there!

· Registered
6,946 Posts
Hi, managed to get pics on profile, where are you based ? Are you expert in goat care, ?
The forum is based in North America. I
Hi

, me too, Iam Donna by the way, nice to know of you.
Did you worry about hoof trimming in the beginning then ? My kids are just pets
Hi Donna, yes, I was worried if I was doing it right too!

· Registered
6,946 Posts
Thank you so much for all advice, one other area Iam unsure of, is Himalayan salt lick (pink) okay for wether and does, is that all they need. Also my does seems bit rounder than the wether, she does a few clumpy poops now, I noticed, they do break up easy though. Is that normal.
Thanks from fretting new Mummy from UK
Himalayan salt is fine to have out. Goats also need to have free choice access to loose minerals, which are a sandlike consistency. If yours don't have any yet, look at your feed store and see what is available. There are people on here that can help you pick whoch one to get.
As for the clumpy poop, it might be a good idea to take a fresh fecal sample to your vet to check for parasites.
The roundness could be her rumen, which is normal
Below is a chart that may help you determine their body condition score.
Vertebrate Product Organism Motor vehicle Font

· Registered
6,946 Posts
Also I've had equine in the past, got hens and duck and goose now, thought goat would be easy, they seem more delicate than I thought, I just got to keep learning, with all your help thanks , sorry to keep bothering you x
You are not bothering us! :)
Please keep asking!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.