The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Nigerian doe do anytime and is HUGE and miserable lots of babies in there I'm thinking but I'm really worried that when she goes into labor she is going to prolapse on me. Every time she lays down or coughs what looks to he part of her vaginal wall or birth cannal pops out. It goes back in as soon as she stands up and she doesn't seem to be in pain but I obviously uncomfortable

Dog breed Natural material Terrestrial animal Grass Liver

Sorry not the best pic she likes to stand up when I get close enough. She has a good appetite and she "waddles" around poor thing I don't know what to do for her.

Attachments

·
owned by goats
4,578 Posts
You can give her some.calcium which may help but if the prolapse disappears when she stands up then it is fine

·
2,180 Posts
For now I personally would use the CMPK paste, but I also agree, she should do just fine.

·
owned by goats
4,578 Posts
sometimes prolapses can indicate low calcium levels so sometimes a bit of calcium can help keep them just poking along. Any type of calcium product is ok, I use the CMPK injectable (under the skin) just because thats all I have. but oral is fine too.

·
Super Moderator
59,636 Posts
Keep in mind that there are babies in there and that area has the most "give" when mom is laying down on that flat hard surface.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I wilk probably just give her sne extra mineral today. She is just so miserable because she is so pregnant I already had a set of quints born this year I don't even want to guess how manr she has in there

·
The farm that Hope began
2,717 Posts
It can happen - I've seen a few girls that would have very small prolapses. They were tiny girls who had multiples in there. After they kidded, things went back to normal.

You can put wet sugar on any protrusion to keep it moist and help it shrink back down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.